First Method walk through?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItsDarthChaos

Jr Member
Okay. I have been around here for a month trying to gather a good build method. Here is what I have come up with so far.

1: before I make a build, I need to spend enough time to make or find a good reference which also includes scale specifications.
2: After making a detailed plan, I need to begin cutting out the basic shapes from my preferred EVA Foam. Later adding the detailed pieces by cutting or adding smaller designs.
3: after cutting the shapes, I hot glue pieces together or use a heat gun to curve pieces if necessary.
4: Once all the pieces are assembled, I then add any electronic doohickeys I feel necessary ( cooling fan, flashlights, video).
5: the helmets visor then comes into production and installation here.
6: after everything is installed, comfort padding is installed.
7: outer foam pieces ate ready to be smoothed over with dry wall paste for rougher areas and Auto filler on everything afterwards.
8: pieces are ready to be painted.
9: body pieces are organzed and velcroed if needed.
10: chosen under suit is also velcroed to ensue pieces stay in place.

This is my rough scetch of how to do my future builds. I feel well thought out so far. My only area I still don't know about is how to get a nice visor that looks and feels authentic, without paying an arm and a leg for it. Anyone with ideas for the visor or my process itself should please post it. I would appreciate any help and so would any other noob that also reads this. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back