First mjolnir powered armour Mk VI build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks.

I'm going on holiday for a couple months, so i won't be posting much. Just to let you guys know that this thread isn't dead. When i get back i'll be finishing the pistol and doing small adjustments as i wear it more.

Hey I'm back, my laptop broke so I've just got that fixed. I took my suit on its first outing to Star Wars Celebration in July. It went down pretty well and i was very pleased with the reactions i got. I had to fix a crack from when someone came into the side of me to have a photo a bit excitedly, but the rest of the suit held up very well. I'm going to add some more padding to the insoles as being on my feet all day with the armour made my feet ache a bit. Here's a couple photos from that, sorry that some are sideways i don't know why thats happened.
IMG_8044.JPGIMG_8002.jpgIMG_8056.JPGIMG_8026.JPG

Glad to see you back!

I was wondering where were you want what happened with your build and I'm very glad to see it finished.

Nice pictures from the con! You look really great in the costume, everything put together.

However, how is the armor? I mean, since it's all hard, then is it comfy? Restricting your movement?
Also was it heavy?

Just asking out of curiousity as it was your first 'troop' in the costume. :D

And damn you lucky bastard. Star Wars Celebration... T_T
I was only watching videos online and fangasming...

Fantastic job!!!! Suit looks great. Glad your laptop is fixed and we can live (momentarily) vicariously through your pictures.........

I wore it only on the first day because i didn't want to put strain on the crack to make it worse. I'm a slightly heavier guy so i didn't really notice the weight when i was wearing it, however the next day my back was slightly stiff in the morning after i woke up, but it was only a short time thing.

Thanks to the split on the boots i didn't have any trouble walking, although i did walk slowly with purpose for characters sake and so i didn't walk into anyone, I did have to watch out for my sides due to the width of it with the shields on the shoulders being out further than the rest of the suit. But i could bend over enough to touch my shoes, and reach up to touch my helmet so it didn't limit it too much.

It was very hot, but i don't know if thats more hot than other peoples or just the normal amount of hotness, so i just drank a lot of water.

And my feet being sore from walking around in boots, but that happens from walking around at cons unless you're in the comfiest shoes.

It was a great experience, lots of people wanted photos and I was the only non Star Wars cosplay i saw which increased Chiefs popularity as it was something different otherwise people only wanted photos of the very best star wars cosplay because there was so much of it you could be picky like that. If that makes any sense.

I'm hoping of wearing it again to MCM London in October but thats only if i have enough money.
Sorry for the lack of photos, my brother didn't think of taking ones of me with other people till later on

I was lucky enough to get enough money for christmas to buy a 3d printer (its a wanhao duplicator i3 v2 for anyone interested), so of course the first thing I'm printing is a magnum. I split it into 4 pieces to print and here's the first half. Thanks to KingRahl for uploading the file. Theres some finishing work to do but its a great looking model.
IMG_8420.JPG

I'm also planning on making some pretty large adjustments to the torso to improve the fit and look. And i want to add lights to the helmet, but i'm struggling to find the right sort of lights. If anyone has a link or knows a good place in the uk then please let me know.

All parts printed, now to sand it down, glue them together and fill in the gaps in-between before painting.
IMG_8430.JPG

I also cut a slot in one side to place the magnet to attach it to the thigh, i'll cut another one for a smaller magnet to hold the magazine in place, just below the first.
IMG_8431.JPG

It was quite wet and windy here today so i didn't get the chance to get outside to start remodelling the torso, hopefully it will clear up tomorrow

Magnet glued in, i decided that i didn't need a second magnet because the pull from the first will be enough and also the magazine sits pretty tightly anyway.
IMG_8484.JPG

IMG_8436.JPG

IMG_8438.JPG

Since these photos i have glued the last quarter on and started filling the gaps.

Now for the big stuff, so on the back, the bottom corners that come round my sides didn't fit very well, they went too far out and left a large gap, which also pushed my arms out. so decided to do something about it. I don't have the time ore money right now to remake the how chest and resize it, so i'll just adjust my current one. I started off by just cutting the two side off, then repositioning them and glueing them back on.

IMG_8432.JPG

IMG_8433.JPG

Next i trimmed the edges and then used the trimmings as puzzle pieces to fill the the gaps.
IMG_8486.JPG

IMG_8488.JPG

Now i have a better base on the outside to bondo and sand and i will fibreglass the inside again to make it strong.
IMG_8490.JPG

Thats all for today, thanks

Things are now bondoed, I've done two layers and sanded them both on one side, but haven't sanded the second layer on the other side.
IMG_8491.JPG
IMG_8492.JPG

Gaps filled on the gun and rough sanded, now to go through the grits to make a nice finish.
IMG_8493.JPG

Magnum finished.
IMG_8498.JPG
IMG_8504.JPG
IMG_8505.JPG

IMG_8509.JPG

I finished hardening and painting the chest adjustments today and yesterday, now i need to weather them and they'll be finished as well. I also added some overlap so that there isn't a gap under the arm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back