First Spartan III build (3D print)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow that damage to your chest plate was more than I thought. Glad the Friday breaks were repaired well enough to wear Saturday at least. Suit looked so good in person.

Onward to the next event.

Wow that damage to your chest plate was more than I thought. Glad the Friday breaks were repaired well enough to wear Saturday at least. Suit looked so good in person.

Onward to the next event.
Trying to wield the Stanchion for 3 hours didn't help but I'm glad I was able to get a few pictures with it at least.

Small update on progress or repairs and upgrades:

I managed to break away the old damaged sections on the shoulder straps and replace them with the new ones. I also managed to get the new base paint colors onto about half my armor and started clear coating. Details and any weathering will come after everything is painted.

There are a few upgrade pieces in the works including some magnet mounts on the back for placing weapons and eventually the gunners backpack. A few other upgrades I'm adding are a pouch on the butt plate to keep spare batteries and repair items on hand for another catastrophic break but also mag pouches on the front for my sidearm and for the vk78/AR. Also finished the second hand plate for the energy daggers and am working to do the painting on them.

Screenshot_20220508-203431_Video Player.jpg
Screenshot_20220508-203633_Video Player.jpg
Screenshot_20220508-203706_Video Player.jpg

The lighting isnt great but the green looks really nice in person. Still gotta finish the new helmet too.

Repaint is looking awesome. Glad you were able to replace the broken areas without having to reprint the entire chest.

Before I make any permanent additions like I'm planning to if someone could answer a question for me. Would mag pouches (HSGI TACO pouches to be specific), my energy dagger hand plates, and visible magnet plates, for mounting, make it impossible for a tier 1 deployment of my armor?

I have replacement hand plates just in case but I like the energy daggers better. I also have some personalization I want to do that references some other games but those are swappable parts. I ask for tier 1 specifically because I don't view the errors and personalization of my armor as tier 2 ready.

I've read the deployment standards for tier 1 but as far as I can tell there isn't anything saying I cant make these additions. Just want some potential clarification. Perhaps NobleofDeath16 or someone else can give an answer?

I will always say, if you are going for higher deployment, your deployment is based on the photo you provide AT THAT TIME. My main thing I see keeping it tier 1 is the energy blades since in game they were not wielded by Spartans. Otherwise from looking at your suit as long as you aren't missing any parts, you would easily hit tier 2 IN MY OPINION.

I will always say, if you are going for higher deployment, your deployment is based on the photo you provide AT THAT TIME. My main thing I see keeping it tier 1 is the energy blades since in game they were not wielded by Spartans. Otherwise from looking at your suit as long as you aren't missing any parts, you would easily hit tier 2 IN MY OPINION.
I'll keep that in mind, thanks! I do have some alternate parts without personalization, so if I try for tier 2 I'll use those parts for the pictures.

The magnet system is awesome! I would love to do something like that with my armor I'm working on but I don't want to reprint my chest plate
I didnt want to cut open and try and attach magnets on the inside of mine so I settled with going over the top and it actually works better. it has a stronger hold and I managed to prevent my props from sliding off by making a cup for the magnets that raises just slightly further than them.

20220515_140740.jpg

I didnt want to cut open and try and attach magnets on the inside of mine so I settled with going over the top and it actually works better. it has a stronger hold and I managed to prevent my props from sliding off by making a cup for the magnets that raises just slightly further than them.

View attachment 318202I might have to find a way to do this with my recon armor then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back