First-Time MJOLNIR Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devereth

Alrighty then, let's start with an introduction. Hi to all. I'm Devereth (aka Justin). I'm kinda new here, but definitely not a newb when it comes to costuming. Although I've mainly dealt with fabrics in the past (almost all of my costumes were for theatre productions), I know quite a bit about the molding process, as I've researched it for previous costumes. However, this'll be the first time actually doing any molding.

I probably won't have any pics to show for a while, since I've got two costumes in progress right now (Henry Townshend from Silent Hill 4, and Willy Wonka from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. If anyone wants to know more about these, I could probably start a thread in the non-Halo discussion areas.). It could be close to a year before I get started on this, but hopefully, with some help from the more experienced members, I could start sooner.

So here's the plan so far: I'll be making MC's Halo 3 armor (MJOLNIR Mk. VI, I believe?). I'll make a basic pep armor out of chipboard (thanks to cgspartan for the recommendation), so I've got the basic shape, then cover it with clay and sculpt away. I suggested this on the "Question for molding experts" thread, and nobody pointed out any glaring errors, so I'm going along with it. Unless someone points out the problems here.

I'll also put up my tentative materials list (not complete), so people can provide their suggestions:
- Chavant NSP clay
- Rebound 25 silicone for the mold
- Plaster of Paris/papier-mache for the jacket (probably will be something else)
- Smooth-Cast 300 plastic for the cast pieces
- Motocross pressure suit or UnderArmor and motocross pants for the undersuit

So there you have it. Questions, comments, criticisms, etc. are all very welcome.

1. I hope this turns out well
2. Since you are making pepakura armor shouldnt this be in the pepakura/cardboard section?
3. No pics or questions this thread will most likely be closed

Looking forward to seeing this project, Made my pep armor and would love to see how to make molds and detail the armor!

tehronin said:
1. I hope this turns out well
2. Since you are making pepakura armor shouldnt this be in the pepakura/cardboard section?
3. No pics or questions this thread will most likely be closed

1. Thanks for the encouragement.
2. It's really just molded armor, except I'm using pepakura to make sculpting easier.
3. Dang. I'm going to start working on the hand armor plates fairly soon, so hopefully I can get some pics up before it gets closed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Notice this is Molded Armor Discussion. Not Molded Armor Picture Section :p.

Topic is fine without pictures. Some people are usually a bit greedy for them though : / .

Nothing wrong with planning or asking for help without pictures.

-Doom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back