First time Reach ODST foam build

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeargantCool

Hey everyone! I’m pretty new to armor and cosplay in general but I’m an all time halo fan and have always dreamt of having some ODST armor for myself. For this project I’m using Andrew dft’s templates since they are the only free ones I can find. I’ve only finished the chest plate that sits up front. I was inspired by Sweden’s m90 camo to use the splinter pattern with a woodland color pallet. The first attempt……Hideous! I hated the way I messed it up so I tried again this time being patient and using painter’s tape
51941275-641E-476B-82DF-067BCDEA14D5.jpeg
0DA0BAA6-0E27-403C-A9A5-5F270E120B89.jpeg
28581618-CF5C-47C7-8F1E-269E2607F7F3.jpeg
2849CB96-D85F-433B-971D-8AB967D60DE1.jpeg

I’m planning on fixing up the tan edges and making them a little cleaner. I’ll keep y’all posted!

Hey everyone! I’m pretty new to armor and cosplay in general but I’m an all time halo fan and have always dreamt of having some ODST armor for myself. For this project I’m using Andrew dft’s templates since they are the only free ones I can find. I’ve only finished the chest plate that sits up front. I was inspired by Sweden’s m90 camo to use the splinter pattern with a woodland color pallet. The first attempt……Hideous! I hated the way I messed it up so I tried again this time being patient and using painter’s tape
View attachment 314517View attachment 314518View attachment 314519View attachment 314520
I’m planning on fixing up the tan edges and making them a little cleaner. I’ll keep y’all posted!
Dude that camo pattern is actually sick! Looks reminiscent of some german ww1 camo schemes. Great job!

Looking really good! Do you have more armor pieces ready to paint?

Looks amazing so far! I just finished (most) of my ODST build. I also used andrew DFTs template and found, at least for my body size, cutting the shoulder straps a bit thinner was really helpful to make it fit better and look more "ODST". I also got my gauntlets 3D printed because the ones in the tutorial and incredibly difficult to make.

So keen to see how your build progresses, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back