First Timer Help Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcane Illusion

Hey everyone, i've been reading through the forums and read HaloGodess's scaling tutorial and it was a great help, but I was wondering if the method works with the halo 4 torso files, and also how would I scale the halo 4 torso with the unattached piece.
torso_zps4843106e.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• torso_zps4843106e.jpg
    torso_zps4843106e.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 103
to can scale with every messure you want. the stomach pad is a part of the height. but you can measure your shoulder length as well and copy the size to your pepakura file width.
in pepakura you can delete those seperate parts as well... unter show object list and right click. after that your hight changes but your scale factor keeps the same.
scale your armor without the pad and copy the scale factor to the original file.

hope this helps.

Firstly, welcome to the threads :) I'm also new, but I'll do my best to help you. I'll answer your questions separately.

1) Yes, I believe. The scaling techniques should work with all files, regardless of origin.

2) That detached piece is probably floating in the same spot it is supposed to be positioned relative to your body. My recommendation would be to look in Halo 4 in the Theater, and determine where that piece ends relative to your anatomy, and then measure from the top of your shoulders, all the way down to where the piece ends. Looking here, I would guess it is positioned somewhere around the navel, right over your first 2 rows of abs. Remember to account for the raised shoulder features when you scale your model, though! They add some extra height.

to can scale with every messure you want. the stomach pad is a part of the height. but you can measure your shoulder length as well and copy the size to your pepakura file width.
in pepakura you can delete those seperate parts as well... unter show object list and right click. after that your hight changes but your scale factor keeps the same.
scale your armor without the pad and copy the scale factor to the original file.

hope this helps.

Great!:D Thank you for clearing that up for me. Now that I know, I cant wait to start building.

Firstly, welcome to the threads :) I'm also new, but I'll do my best to help you. I'll answer your questions separately.

1) Yes, I believe. The scaling techniques should work with all files, regardless of origin.

2) That detached piece is probably floating in the same spot it is supposed to be positioned relative to your body. My recommendation would be to look in Halo 4 in the Theater, and determine where that piece ends relative to your anatomy, and then measure from the top of your shoulders, all the way down to where the piece ends. Looking here, I would guess it is positioned somewhere around the navel, right over your first 2 rows of abs. Remember to account for the raised shoulder features when you scale your model, though! They add some extra height.

Thank you for the welcome and the help. i'm going to use everything i've learned today when I start buiding:D

Thank you harican89 and GenericCola again for the help. Greatly Appreciated.

Any time, mate. Check out the thread in my sig and leave some feedback, if you get the chance-- I'm always looking to improve!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back