First Timer - Iron Man

Status
Not open for further replies.

shyy

Hey guys,

I am using Shark's Iron Man. I notice the bottom is too small and I have a very small head. Does this need to be rescaled?

I messed up the top part and the jaw and the ear, Can I till apply resin and use bondo to sculpt the pieces that arn't so good?

r1d45x.jpg

29mw0ms.jpg

inahkx.jpg

ironman helms have to be hinged usually. just the way the helmet is designed. Most people cut the helmet's rear section off and either hinge it or use magnets. You can always use bondo to fix things, but I am a firm believer in using as little bondo as possible on a helmet. Look at dubean's version 2.1 HD iron man helmet or perhaps samuray's short chin version helmet. Your helmet looks great, but if there are plenty of errors to fix, perhaps a remake is needed. Best of luck to you, and pep looks good for a first timer. Peace

shyy said:
Hey guys,

I am using Shark's Iron Man. I notice the bottom is too small and I have a very small head. Does this need to be rescaled?

I messed up the top part and the jaw and the ear, Can I till apply resin and use bondo to sculpt the pieces that arn't so good?

r1d45x.jpg

29mw0ms.jpg

inahkx.jpg

well all i can say is u need more concentration on that i know that one is too hard and i have made that one to and not yet finish hopefully i will get a good result too as you want to do

Last edited by a moderator:
This your first pep piece? It looks good for somone new to pep. It does have some mistakes,but all could be fixed with bondo. It is not beyond repair. Though if you use too much bondo the helmet can get really heavy. Ultimately, weather you fix it or redo the pep file is up to you. As pointed out earlier, unless you have an abnormally small head, you'll have to hinge the helmet, or use another method, to get it on. Check out some of the other Iron man threads around the forum, there are plenty of them.

I must say though that I see a few pieces of scotch tape on the piece. If you resin the piece the tape will disolve, so if that's that only thing holding it together you might want to reinforce it some.

Cheers,

Kaya

Bah, I've never had tape dissolve on me, and I've resined tons of tape. But glue really is better, way more accurate.

Good job on your first piece! :D

I forgot to say, I didn't bother with the different types of fold, I just folded down all the time, I think this is why my ear piece was inverted. Learned my mistake.

Well I think you did a great job for your first pep. Unfortunately peping is a learning process, I myself have gone through two iron man helmets and am now going to start a third one. If your goal is to make an iron man suit then chances are you're going to have to redo various parts until you like them and they fit well. Like it was stated above me the helmet is not designed to be slipped on after it is put together. Check out Stonewall's thread to see how he divided the helmet since in my opinion it's probably the best way to do it.

Stonewall's Finished Iron Man Project:

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23839

And if you're having any trouble scaling your files to fit you, I would suggest looking at Xtreme TACTICS 101's thread.

How To Scale Your Armour:

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20044

Hope that helped you out some and good luck with this and all your future peps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back