First work with armor of any sort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flynn

Hey I'm currently working on my first suit of armor and I'm in need of suggestions and the like, I'm currently beginning the preliminary building, which means I don't have the stuff I need yet so I'm just folding the pieces out of standard printer paper. I'm using Slyfo's pepakura blueprints.

I currently have the gauntlet half done, and right now I'm kinda confused.

Well, welcome to the forums, I guess. I'm just starting too. Good luck! I started right away with cardstock because I'm in a hurry-I'm trying to get it done by Halo-ween.

Tomorrow my mum is picking up some Cardstock, so right now all my work is useless. I'm damn excited, I plan on using the pepakura as a base to make the mold, then fill the mold with plastic or fiberglass. Coat the outside with resin, Paint, then resume to make the rest of the suit.

Flynn said:
Tomorrow my mum is picking up some Cardstock, so right now all my work is useless. I'm damn excited, I plan on using the pepakura as a base to make the mold, then fill the mold with plastic or fiberglass. Coat the outside with resin, Paint, then resume to make the rest of the suit.

Before I found Pepakura, I liked using foamboard cuz you can cut it at angles and stuff and it's pretty tough and is straight. I'm talking about the stuff that is like 1/8 inch thick. I used pins to assemble it. However, I was trying to do everything from pictures and using the game engine to model after and got frustrated with inability to establish depth perception at times. Got like a shoulder built and then gave up

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm trying to rush through this to get this done by halloween, Then I'm probably going to wear this on the release of Halo wars at my local gamestop. Might even fit a Permutation thing in.

Sorry about the bump and the double post, but I just finished cutting my gauntlet out, and I am now working on putting it together,Wish me luck.

Sean Bradley said:
Some pics would be helpful... we usually don't allow threads like this without pics..

Yea sorry about the pics thing, I need batteries for my camera, I'll be sure to post them as soon as I get batteries.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back