Flood Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the non-pure flood forms just take over the dead bodies of brutes, elites, and marines, there wouldn't be much to make. The armor doesn't really change that much from the dead person to the flood. The only difference is who it's being worn by, although some armor pieces disappear completely (helmet). Still, my point is that their would be no sense in making a whole set just as "flood armor".

I see how this could have potential, but not enough for it to be made commonplace. Every piece would have to be totally different. One way you could do this is make a few over-sized pieces of armor to put on the outside. You could make the undersuit out of orange or brown fabric fitted loosely around your body and have strips of multi-colored (red,orange,yellow maybe?) fabric hanging off of it. You could make non-toxic fake vomit and mix it with some kind of hardening agent and pour it over the armor pieces to make it last longer and not run off.

That still sounds kind of time consuming and gross, but there is still hope yet. The main problem is that all flood would be different and uniquely nasty. However you make it, I would commend you.

Good Luck!!

Destroyer said:
I see how this could have potential, but not enough for it to be made commonplace. Every piece would have to be totally different. One way you could do this is make a few over-sized pieces of armor to put on the outside. You could make the undersuit out of orange or brown fabric fitted loosely around your body and have strips of multi-colored (red,orange,yellow maybe?) fabric hanging off of it. You could make non-toxic fake vomit and mix it with some kind of hardening agent and pour it over the armor pieces to make it last longer and not run off.

That still sounds kind of time consuming and gross, but there is still hope yet. The main problem is that all flood would be different and uniquely nasty. However you make it, I would commend you.

Good Luck!!

For the fake vomit stuff you could mix coloring of some kind with liquid latex and put some chunks in there made of rubber or whatever. It would be really nasty, but awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you should build it because I have never seen anyone else with a flood costume. I get tired of seeing the same armor over and over.

RFPnoodle said:
For the fake vomit stuff you could mix coloring of some kind with liquid latex and put some chunks in there made of rubber or whatever. It would be really nasty, but awesome.

That's an awesome idea! You could put dog food in it too! xD

Last edited by a moderator:
Off topic, but does anyone know were to get the armor procress thing?

[attachment=12336:flood.jpg]

[attachment=12337:Halo3HUMAN_FLOOD.jpg]

[attachment=12338:halo3camp3_flood-human_photo_03_dp.jpg]

It won't be that bad to make.

thats a great idea and you wouldn't have to have the design exactly like how it is in the game.

Big things you'd need is that bulbus tenticle thing out of the chest and the extended arm if you wanna get technical.

I'd actually really like to see that made out of PVC piping with a latex skin with some wires, would make for some really simple animetronics ;)

well first off you are definitley gonna want to have alot of funding, because there is no absolute way of knowing how much everything will cost unless you have already made your materials list covering everything, and besides that, you want to detail it extremely well right? well that costs money, etc.

Take your time, a project like this especially one that hasnt been attempted by others will be challenging enough without the mess of a job sloppily done.

There's a lot of obstacles to tackle on this. For the tentacle arm, DO NOT use body filler or any sort of brittle substance. It would best be made with some sort of support, hinged to your arm, and covered in the same material you make the skin out of.

Good luck. While searching for a material for the skin, I would recommend you start building your Marine armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back