Foam AR

Status
Not open for further replies.

S111

My first serious attempt at a foam weapon, i figured I needed one for my Reach armor.
Here is my current progress.
121014-145102_zpsf63674a0.jpg

121014-145113_zps81fe4149.jpg

121014-145214_zps64fe0cbe.jpg

Made from 1/2 inch EVA foam, and some white craft foam at this point. I'll keep working on it today, and post what I get as it comes. Any critique or advice is welcome.

Sort of. In my opinion, it is easier, cheaper, and faster than resin and bondo, at least for weapons and armor, but I havn't tried helmets yet. It is a strange medium, and it did take some getting used to. To make the weapon properly rounded I had to get very well acquainted with my dremel tool's sanding bit. I actually have a lot of fresh progress to show at this point, the front half is nearly done. Look at l3x's sliced files, he has a H3 sniper in there, or you could try my method when I made a SMG as a tester, which was to take just the face part of the normal pep model, print and cut, and assemble as a flat 2d piece. Then, you cut it out 3 times, flipping it over once, then, aww heck. I will just make a video. Ill post it as soon as I can. And thanks for the compliment by the way.

Also, your Halo 4 helmet looks great! You are way better at pepping and smoothing than I.

Surprisingly, I am done. It took all day today, but I am happy with my current build. I would like a trigger and bolt though, if anyone has tips. Anyways, this is my foam Assualt rifle from halo 3 or 4, depending. It will go with either my current spartan outfit, or my odst when it is done, coupled with a sniper rifle and smg. Naturally, I still need some paint. But given that this is my first foam weapon, I am satisfied.

121014-210310_zps7b2a8739.jpg

121014-210313_zps4e74b359.jpg

And now I'm playing Halo....
121014-210724_zps03c4cae2.jpg

Reloading!
121014-210739_zps4bfff540.jpg

Well, now that that is done with a lack of comment, I think I am gonna make an ODST. Just so you guys know, also I took off the little detail strip in the middle front of the rifle, because it was crooked. It looks way better now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back