Foam Board Combat Knife and Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an update. I finished gluing the blade of the sword and have yet to glue on the handle details. So here's some pics of the blade/sword after shaping with hot glue:

img1590dr5.jpg

img1591gd2.jpg

img1592yf4.jpg

:Steve:

OMG that is all hot glue? you should have done that with bondo, so you could sand it down and primer to a glassy smooth or with sand paper etching to look like sanded steel.

Do not fear the Bondo..... it can smell fear on you.

Seriously though, while I'm very impressed by what you have done with these materials I would urge you to try doing this in a material that allows you to sand and finish it properly... it'll look 10x better.

;-)

really? I never thought to use bondo. In all of the sword making tutorials I've seen, they've all said hot glue. Oh well, I'm still happy with it. ;-) It's kind of all right though, since I'm going to be experimenting with plaster gauze, so really any bumps won't show at all.

I'll try bondo on my next sword

thanks, for now though I just have to wait for my rolls of plaster cloth to come in the mail, so it'll be a day or two before the next updated picture. Nonetheless, keep the comments coming. :hyper:

I remember hearing about some spray can rubber, like a spray paint only when dry it's like rubber on these forums? Do you guys think it would work to give the right feel to the handle? Thanks.

thanks for the comments, I'm surprised my plaster cloth hasn't come yet... oh well, hopefully it'll come on Monday. So far while I've been waiting I finished shaping the sword completely, I finished shaping the shield (picture will be up tomorrow) , and I've finished shaping the top of a soon to be frag grenade.

(by shaping, I mean getting it to the point where I can just plaster it, then paint it)

Update! :hyper: so here's the promised pictures. My plaster gauze hasn't come yet, but I checked with fedex and they said it would come tomorrow. So here's the pictures:

Overall Sword:
img1632ob1.jpg

Close Up of the Handle:
img1633pe7.jpg

All of the Layers of Foam Board:
img1635pn4.jpg

Cap of a Frag Grenade:
img1636up3.jpg

Overall Shield:
img1637xc8.jpg

Shield and Sword in Familiar Pose:
img1638bv7.jpg

thanks, and yeah I'm putting the symbol on it. I'm going all out on the paint job for these guys ;-)

Iceman29 said:
Looks like its going to turn out good from what I see :sneaky:

I TOLD YOU!!!!!!!!! I frickin amazing man, I give you 2 thumbs up (y) (y)

Thats so cool I think that I may try it my self, and yes I did quote myself ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back