Foam Board Supplier?

Status
Not open for further replies.
wondering where to find a good place to get foamboard, need thicker chunks to carve from. went to lowes but it was too thin and i would have to glue too many together to get the thickness to carve armor from

ltmcmuffin said:
how thick do you need it?

Michael's sells some thick stuff...

little off topic from the halo universe

trying to make "space marine" armor from warhammer, so.....kinda thick; i know im going to have to glue sheets together to make blocks

and any tips with working with foam?

Last edited by a moderator:
reaperoperative117 said:
little off topic from the halo universe

It's a question about building armor, it doesn't have to be from Halo, there have been plenty of other armor topics such as Metroid, Gears of War, and Starwars. :cautious:

For finding thick foam, i'd try crafts2000, I've found THICK chunks of foam there for about 20$ along with a whole bunch of other things that can be pretty helpful! :lol:

hlomaster55 said:
It's a question about building armor, it doesn't have to be from Halo, there have been plenty of other armor topics such as Metroid, Gears of War, and Starwars. :cautious:

For finding thick foam, i'd try crafts2000, I've found THICK chunks of foam there for about 20$ along with a whole bunch of other things that can be pretty helpful! :lol:

thanks, im gonna check that out, havnt been on in a few days, driving back and forth going to visit fam. a couple states up

alternatively, yUo could look for some building insulation. dunno what type it is, but there are definitely some available from stores like B & Q. These are available over 100mm thick. they could be quite expensive though..

i got my foam board from ebay, i use the 5mm chunks as you can cut through the card on top and then carve out the inner foam, thats how i made my assault rifle pictured below, you can see the detail in the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back