Foam Infinite Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runkrod

Hey gang, As a follow up to a previous post, I'm making this build thread in order to keep any files I edit in an easier to find format. Quick recap, I have 3D models built by MoeSizzlac, Satchmo III, and xtreemenoob. Those original files are here:

Helmet - Satchmo III did a helmet: Halo infinite helmet E318 (Satchmo III, PerniciousDuke) 2019-02-15.pdo

Torso, xtreemenoob made one here - Infinite Chest low poly

The rest - here. MarineSniper got the ball started on this. https://www.405th.com/forums/attachments/moesizzlac-halo-infinite-pepakura-masterchief-zip.293899/

I have been working on learning blender and pepakura designer a bit more, so I've been able to make some edits and do the unfolding for use in a Foam build. This is slow going but I'll keep this thread updated as I edit new files.
So for I've been working on the bicep/shoulder armor. I did a speed build on the shoulder plate (made it a bit too small), but it let me see what folds and parts I needed to keep and what were superfluous or just didn't work. I have since modified the back plate a little, mainly to give it more surface area from which we'll need for whatever attachment mechanism is used to connect it to the bicep or undersuit. I haven't built the arm section yet, but did edit the files based on best guess. After I build over the next day or so, I'll update the file if needed. So here is the almost ready for prime-time, arm/shoulder armor file.

Attachments

• MoeSizzlac - Halo Infinite - Masterchief - Shoulder and Bicep - Low Poly (Print twice) Runkle ...pdo
    480.7 KB · Views: 304
Ok, one bicep/shoulder is done. I'm still not 100% happy with some folds/cuts. And there are still some needless parts and honestly I see some deltas between this model and the screen captures from the infinite trailer, so I have done some free-handing in my actual piece that is not reflected in the file. Probably not a good first-time build choice. So here is my final version of the bicep/shoulder. I'm going to move onto forearm next.

Attachments

• MoeSizzlac - Halo Infinite - Masterchief - Shoulder and Bicep - Low Poly (Print twice) Runkle ...pdo
    480.3 KB · Views: 217
  • 20200814_153235.jpg
    20200814_153235.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 305
  • 20200814_153243.jpg
    20200814_153243.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 315
Hey gang, As a follow up to a previous post, I'm making this build thread in order to keep any files I edit in an easier to find format. Quick recap, I have 3D models built by MoeSizzlac, Satchmo III, and xtreemenoob. Those original files are here:

Helmet - Satchmo III did a helmet: Halo infinite helmet E318 (Satchmo III, PerniciousDuke) 2019-02-15.pdo

Torso, xtreemenoob made one here - Infinite Chest low poly

The rest - here. MarineSniper got the ball started on this. https://www.405th.com/forums/attachments/moesizzlac-halo-infinite-pepakura-masterchief-zip.293899/

I have been working on learning blender and pepakura designer a bit more, so I've been able to make some edits and do the unfolding for use in a Foam build. This is slow going but I'll keep this thread updated as I edit new files.
So for I've been working on the bicep/shoulder armor. I did a speed build on the shoulder plate (made it a bit too small), but it let me see what folds and parts I needed to keep and what were superfluous or just didn't work. I have since modified the back plate a little, mainly to give it more surface area from which we'll need for whatever attachment mechanism is used to connect it to the bicep or undersuit. I haven't built the arm section yet, but did edit the files based on best guess. After I build over the next day or so, I'll update the file if needed. So here is the almost ready for prime-time, arm/shoulder armor file.
Could the files be uploaded in a flat template format?

Necro-post!!!! Burn him!!!
Hi gang. Well as I warned, I make a WIP and I jinx the project. Made very little progress after that last post Jan 21. I did take the undersuit for a spin with my old foam armor from 2013 at a recent GalaxyCon in richmond. It was in desperate need of paint, so I painted it up blue/yellow for Ukraine and had a great time. Was the first time she-who-must-be-obeyed agreed to go out with me in costume to an event. So that of course makes me want to resurrect my original plans to build an Infinite set for next year. Well, that and the fact that I finally have played Infinite and the recent geek-rush of watching the HALO show last night. So I've dusted off my old 3D files and have been starring intently and what whats and hows of this build. Seems to me that a combo foam/print might be most comfortable for the external armor, but the undersuit is still a big problem. The more I look at thes pieces the more they look like butyl rubber, like an inner tube for a bike. I dont' think foam would stretch enough to be useful, and I don't have any experience with flex TPU to print them. Looking now to see if I can find really thin rubber sheets to maybe cut it out as if it were foam (not having much luck yet). How have others been dealing with this lately? My quick searches don't find too many updates which I find hard to believe. Here a pic of my Ukrainian Spartan for fun. Cheers!
Resized_20220319_100325.jpeg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back