Foam. . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
im looking for some sort of soft squishy foam that i can line the inide of my armor so it fits better. Strips cans anything. cuz im having trouble finding something so if anyof you know something tell me.

If you go to the fabric store (don't think there's one in your area? you're wrong. There are old women who like to quilt in every town on Earth), you'll find all kinds of foams of various densities, thickness, and colours. You can buy a sq. yard for relatively cheap, then just cut it with good scissors. And they have black!

There's also a place near where I live called the foam shop. You might see some foam there. In the back room or something. It's not really what they do, but if you get on their good side, they'll show you some foam. The people there are very nice. I get to see the foam every time I go.

And if you still can't find foam, go to your nearest couch, bread knife equipped, and execute slicing maneuvre 5b (cut it up). WARNING: couch foam may contain popcorn and/or loose change. Inventor not liable for injury incurred while performing or considering the acts disclosed herein.

skyguy said:
And if you still can't find foam, go to your nearest couch, bread knife equipped, and execute slicing maneuvre 5b (cut it up). WARNING: couch foam may contain popcorn and/or loose change. Inventor not liable for injury incurred while performing or considering the acts disclosed herein.
... XD rofl :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
Since you mentioned "can" you might want to head to a hardware store and look for the Great Stuff in a can. It's what a lot of people here use to reinforce their armor with foam. I believe it dries hard enough to keep shape, but it's still semi soft. Just not plush.

Ok so its not exactly foam, but i know of this stuff made by crayola. I think its called model magic or something.

I know you can get it a Micheals , but any kind of craft store should cary it and it will probably be with the kids stuff.

basicaly it is like realy easy to work with light weight clay, it isn;t wet or anything, it is like foamy. and it dries out to what ever shape you mold ity into and it dries with a tough/spoongy like softness, not rough, casu they make this stuff for little kids. any way it would be good for pressing into areas of your helmet. you just might want to wear a bandana or something so you can wash the bandana, you cant wash the inside of your helmet very easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back