for people that want molded mc helms with top notch detail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Mcman

ok so would it work if if were to buy the h3 special edition wit helmet would you be able to make a mold out of it then cast it?

I think the resin is getting to my head. Yeah, I didnt even think of that, i'm a pep guy, not as familiar with the "ways" of the molder.

spartan-J79 said:
ok so would it work if if were to buy the h3 special edition wit helmet would you be able to make a mold out of it then cast it?

Yes, though the maker of the helmet might have a problem if you start popping copies and selling them ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
spartan-J79 said:
Or you can make your own instead of stealing other peoples work.

Yes, though the maker of the helmet might have a problem if you start popping copies and selling them
Or you can make your own instead of stealing other peoples work.

Totally agreed. That would be copyright infringement. Besides how would you get that satisfaction of knowing that you made something that looks good. Just don't do it.

Size chart:

Legendary Helm, kiddy-sized (for most folks)

Molded helms, adult-sized

Pep helm, any size you want

Point is, there are lots of better alternatives out there.

Oh, and recasting is looked very very down on so not a good idea unless you just want one for yourself. Trutfully it would be cheaper to just gut a H3 Legendary helm than trying to recast it.

Sigma-LS said:
Size chart:

Legendary Helm, kiddy-sized (for most folks)

Molded helms, adult-sized

Pep helm, any size you want
Point is, there are lots of better alternatives out there.

Oh, and recasting is looked very very down on so not a good idea unless you just want one for yourself. Trutfully it would be cheaper to just gut a H3 Legendary helm than trying to recast it.

well ya i only want one for my self and i suck at pep

spartan-J79 said:
well ya i only want one for my self and i suck at pep

you could commission someone or order it somewhere... one site is westerfield studios

Some people make their personal pep armor then make molds from it and sell casts, that's what i'm planing on doing, so check around the site or on others for that matter, i'm sure someone could make you a deal...

ltmcmuffin said:
you could commission someone or order it somewhere... one site is westerfield studios

Some people make their personal pep armor then make molds from it and sell casts, that's what i'm planing on doing, so check around the site or on others for that matter, i'm sure someone could make you a deal...
thx i might try ordering. but my parents dont let me order stuff off the web
:cautious:

There is nothing wrong with someone casting something they paid for for their own personal use.

Selling it for personal profit is a different story.

Yeah, but its not worth it, because it is still recasting, and we all know what recasting does, right?

makes you look like an a-hole and gets you bad rep. plus you can get sued if the guy who made it found out.

but......why do it when you can make your own? isnt that what this whole site is about?

if if were to buy the h3 special edition wit helmet would you be able to make a mold out of it then cast it?
Short answer, Yes.
Long answer, No, its not worth the price of the rubber or the time involved in moulding it. You can get those toy helmets cheap, second hand on ebay. Far cheaper than moulding it.

rvb4life said:
Yeah, but its not worth it, because it is still recasting, and we all know what recasting does, right?

makes you look like an a-hole and gets you bad rep. plus you can get sued if the guy who made it found out.
but......why do it when you can make your own? isnt that what this whole site is about?
True.

I don't really see how it can get you bad rep, unless you went around saying, "LOLOLOLOL look wut I mayded!"

I'd say recasting a copywrited helmet is bad idea.

Recasting a prop someone made is already bad enough and looked down upon, but when you do it to a copywritted product, your looking to get sued.

Your going to spend as much on supplies, ordered from the web no doubt, to cast a helmet that is too small when there are helmets on ebay and in the classifieds here that are top notch.

No that would NOT work. You can only cast from Clay Wood Steel or Plaster of Paris. If you cast from a halo Helmet you will get fur on you palms go blind never have kids and your friends cat will piss on you. You will not go marching at D-con you will stink, make low grads at school. Get a bad job live at hame were you only friends will be the cat thats that use you foe a letter box.

NO RECASTING WITH OUT THE ARTEST SAYING YOU CAN!

i.e. at an armor party is ok were we come together to cast off of one set of molds.

Just my 2 cents.

NO... Bad ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back