Force Awakens Storm Trooper Pepakura File Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aerdan

When I try to scale my forearms, thighs, and shoulders they look like this...so I don't know how I would scale that :p Unless do I measure height instead of width?

Attachments

• Screenshot (9).png
    Screenshot (9).png
    506.6 KB · Views: 367
  • Screenshot (10).png
    Screenshot (10).png
    496 KB · Views: 282
When scaling pepakura it is best to use the scale factor and not the height, width or depth. An example would be this. Say you measure your forearm and find its 240mm and not 224mm. So you take 240 divided by 224 = 1.07142. You then take that number and multiply it by the original scale factor which in your picture says 94.0. So you do 1.07142 times 94 = 100.7142. That is now your new scale factor. You would input 100.7142 where it says scale. And now your height should read 240. There is no need to adjust width or depth as they adjusted according to the scale factor along with the height. Hope this helped.

When scaling pepakura it is best to use the scale factor and not the height, width or depth. An example would be this. Say you measure your forearm and find its 240mm and not 224mm. So you take 240 divided by 224 = 1.07142. You then take that number and multiply it by the original scale factor which in your picture says 94.0. So you do 1.07142 times 94 = 100.7142. That is now your new scale factor. You would input 100.7142 where it says scale. And now your height should read 240. There is no need to adjust width or depth as they adjusted according to the scale factor along with the height. Hope this helped.
I will try that today, thank you!
Edit: So how would you suggest I measure to find the scale factor? Height, Width, Depth? :D

Okay I tried it, see the thing is that there is two forearms, so its like I have to scale them both, you see the width? it shouldn't be 1200, I took a screen shot of a phase ll clone forearm, and see the scale difference? I figured out how to delete one of the arms and its files on the stormtrooper but when I try to scale it smaller its REALLY small.... this is so confusing :p
Screenshot (11).pngScreenshot (12).png

In the second picture where it have scale window, those measurements aren't that small. The hight is about 9.4 inches, and the width is about 5 inches. Your best bet to get the scaling right is to take a reference image. Look at where this piece starts on the person in the picture, and where it ends. Then measure your forearm in those same corresponding places. I would recommend measuring in centimeters and just adding a 0 on the end of the number to get millimeters. Then plug that number into the height and the other numbers will update accordingly.

Let me know if you have any further scaling issues.

In the second picture where it have scale window, those measurements aren't that small. The hight is about 9.4 inches, and the width is about 5 inches. Your best bet to get the scaling right is to take a reference image. Look at where this piece starts on the person in the picture, and where it ends. Then measure your forearm in those same corresponding places. I would recommend measuring in centimeters and just adding a 0 on the end of the number to get millimeters. Then plug that number into the height and the other numbers will update accordingly.

Let me know if you have any further scaling issues.
Alright I finally figured it out, so I just measured distance between two points under the 2D menu, and then lowered/raised the scale factor until the desired height/width/depth is reached :D it worked and I wouldn't have thought to use scale factor, but because of you I did cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back