Forerunner Plasma Containment Unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

BFDesigns

So I got bored and decided to do something in CAD. I've been trying to experiment with light a bit more in my work nowadays and it's been a long time since I've modeled for the hell of it. I came up with this thing based on the current concept that scientists are working on for plasma laser containment, which is pretty cool because it basically ends up creating a very small scale star in the lab that has the potential to produce an insane amount of harnessable energy. As long as the laser paths all intersect at one point the fusion reaction can continue indefinitely around it.

Well, the Forerunners probably had this along with antimatter reactor technology down thoroughly so I designed this with that concept in mind; Behold!:

ForerunnerPlasmaContainmentUnit.jpg

Each Glyph it the symbol for "Locked" in the game (at least according to the sites that I gathered the information from) and each corresponds with one of the 8 lasers containing the small fusion reaction in the center (Green for laser on - reaction "locked" if you will). I feel like this could be a power source for a small ship or a small building or something of the like.

Yeah, I can send you and OBJ or 3DS file, whichever you prefer. I need to union the whole thing together though so it'll be a one piece file to work with. It's scaled to be about 6 inches in diameter right now but I'll upscale it and sent it to you as a 12 inch diameter if you want. Do you want the plasma sphere for the inside too?

Got a 3DS file ready to go for you. PM me your email address and I'll send it to you. Because of the glyph details it might not be the most pep friendly model ever but I'll give you props if you can fold it up. Post up some pics if you ever get it done!

BFDesigns said:
So I got bored and decided to do something in CAD...
ForerunnerPlasmaContainmentUnit.jpg

Um, WOW! You may like my workshop BF but I love your CAD skills. I recently got 2004 on the notebook and I've come to realise fairly quickly that I have no frakking idea what I'm doing.:lol: I've got a friend that's going to give me some lessons soon.

I love the thought you put into the design very nicely done. ;)

adventSpartanMatrix said:
could you make it 12" and include the plasma sphere as it would make it easier to get the right size ball
thx for this

This would go great with some of Dogwizards hammers! (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
juliet76 said:
I love the thought you put into the design very nicely done. ;)
This would go great with some of Dogwizards hammers! (y)

Heh, I'll let you know when I get enough money to start doing large scale molding and casting. When I do I'll sell them as designer Griffballs so that you'll have something to knock around with your custom dogwizard hammers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back