Fran Helm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caboos318

A friend of mine wants me to make one of these for her. She wants to take it to an anime con some where, in March. So I was wondering, would something like a rubber mat with a little TLC work for this? By TLC I mean a little carving, shaving, cutting, gluing, heating, and/or small amount of resin for harding.

Any ideas?

goodhelmpic.jpg

Thanks

I suppose it's possible. You'll have to find something the same size as her head for the base, though.

Edit: I thought of an alternate method- wrap some of this
pcanvas.jpg
around and over your friend's head for a base, and you can cut foamies in those intricate patterns, laying them on top of the mesh. Glue 'em together, but not to the mesh, and voila!

A friend of mine use a material called FOREX, and she used to refine it with bondo, but i don't know which type. Forex is a sort of PVC, but u can find it with different hight 2mm/3mm 5mm and much more. It isn't expencive and u can fint it easly in some plastic shop.

U could try to use it.

(sorry for my bad english XD.....)

The fun foam in black would work very well .You can get it in realy thick @ Michael's .Make a flat design cut with the intricate pattern the get a round metal mixing bowl & a blow dryer , warm the foam & press into a round shape so it will fit her head .Then you can coat it with resin it wont eat through it.

awesome, thank you all much :] I should be turning this into a W.I.P soon.

I will be trying a mix of QWEEN's and TELETRON1's idea first, thanks you girls, and if that does not work I will move on to other things.

teletron1 said:
Then you can coat it with resin it wont eat through it.

Awesome, I was just about to go on a search for this answer. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh & I forgot to say that the helm in your picture is made out of cut strips of black polymer clay (just remembered) If the other 2 plans dont work you could try that too, but it can be pain to work with.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back