from pepakura to a Hard Fiber armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrZonk

Greeting from Germany.

Maybe i overlooked it but how do i get from a finished Pepakura model to a hard fiber helmet.

i attached some pics from my armor don't get confused it's not a MC it's the Mech ARX 7 ARbalest from an Anime Series named Full Metal Panic

and here some questions:

1. Where did you put the fiber on? Inside or Outside the Model

2. Is there a way to do it Outside on the Pepakura-Model??

3. is there a way to use the P-Model as Mold or do i have to change somthing on the Model?

Maybe someone understand what i'm trying to say.

With best greetz
Jim Zonk

1328000.jpg

1327999.jpg

1329741.jpg

Well, I do understand what you're saying, but all of these answers are in the stickies. Please check there first before posting. (Creation Discussion > Pepakura and Cardboard Armor)

I can't see your pics but I want to know where you got pepakura files for the Arbalast from FMP.

I'd love to make me a Venom (not the Spidey kind) suit with something like that on down the road.

Welcome to the board. Here is some answers to your questions.

1. Where did you put the fiber on? Inside or Outside the Model

The fiberglass is put on the inside of the Pepakura model to reinforce it. Here is a thread with more details.

link click here

2. Is there a way to do it Outside on the Pepakura-Model??

Yes But generally people use Auto Body filler like Bondo on the outside. Here is a thread with more details.

Link click here

3. is there a way to use the P-Model as Mold or do I have to change something on the Model?

Yes you can. But you need to finish the model to mold it. See Spase's thread here.

Link click here

He has done a very good job and shows what hard work and dedication can do.

Also if you look around the site you can learn a great deal, as you have noticed some people get upset if you ask a question that has been answered more than once. Enjoy and I look forward to seeing some MC armor from you.

Spartan 161 said:
Yes you can. But you need to finish the model to mold it. See Spaces thread here.

its spelled Spase.

anyways...

could you tell us where you got the model? or did you make it yourself?

i want a FMP suit :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Rocknrollcows said:
could you tell us where you got the model? or did you make it yourself?
Sigma-LS said:
I can't see your pics but I want to know where you got pepakura files for the Arbalast from FMP.

I'd love to make me a Venom (not the Spidey kind) suit with something like that on down the road.
The Model i used is created by a guy named "Illsteir" with google Sketchup.
ARX-7 Arbalest by Illsteir

i don't get along with Skechtup so i have searched for a good Model and find Illsteir's ARX 7 he also did the ARX 8 and an incompleted version of the M9E Gernsback check out his Google skechtup Gallery from Illsteir

i seperate each model part an exported it with google skechtup to an .3ds File wich Pepakura can use

ARX 7 by Mr Zonk @ www.cosplay.com

I will do some special features in the ARX. Like Flashing LED lights in Eyes an Vulcan Cannon maybe with a sound module.
if i complete the suit maybe if the devil drives me. I make the Lamda Driver Antennas fully operational :whistle:

But first i have to complete the suit :tutu:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back