From the FNG, anyone had experience with Aguilar Workshop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PapaBear271

Member DIN
S271
So this is my second post so go easy on me. I'm going to be making a Jorge kit and I was looking at purchasing Aguilar Workshop's Grenadier helmet files. I wanted to know if anyone else has purchased files from him and their opinions before I commit.

His files are fantastic, and he's really helpful when it comes to something small or if you need help with anything. As mentioned, his files can be parts heavy, but they're meant to look as seamless as possible, so it's a trade off. I got his Sidekick, Anniversary SMG, and Reach shotgun, and all his helmets look fantastic. 100% would recommend!

I've bought several of his files, they are great with details and functionality. I have also found out however they tend to be a bit small scale wise. To get a lore accurate M6C Socom i had to scale it 146%ish. The bullet thats printed using his files measures to be a roughly 8mm. Lore wise all m6 variants are chambered in 12.7x40mm which is equivalent to a 50AE. So taking all that into account m6 variants should be roughly the size of desert eagles which are massive handguns! Its not a big deal though and easily fixable. Still amazing files!

I've bought several of his files, they are great with details and functionality. I have also found out however they tend to be a bit small scale wise. To get a lore accurate M6C Socom i had to scale it 146%ish. The bullet thats printed using his files measures to be a roughly 8mm. Lore wise all m6 variants are chambered in 12.7x40mm which is equivalent to a 50AE. So taking all that into account m6 variants should be roughly the size of desert eagles which are massive handguns! Its not a big deal though and easily fixable. Still amazing files!
I think it's that he made his older guns smaller so if you're cosplaying a spartan it would give the illusion of being bigger?

Either way, I always start by printing grips first when I print any prop firearm, to see if it's too small in my hand and I need to upscale. His M45 shotgun needed to be upscaled a bit to not be too small in even my small hands, but his sidekick looks to be to scale, since it's quite big in my hands.

Again, if you print his guns, print the grips first, thay way you can see if you need to up or downscale anything.

Fantastic work. His prints can be a complicated just looking at them but when you go to put it all together it all has a purpose and tends to fit nicely.

So this is my second post so go easy on me. I'm going to be making a Jorge kit and I was looking at purchasing Aguilar Workshop's Grenadier helmet files. I wanted to know if anyone else has purchased files from him and their opinions before I commit.
yes i have the file to build a jeorge suit for my oldest son, and the helmet does go together really well as long as you dont cut any tabs off like me

I have bought most of his stuff sake for his ODST armor. Can confirm, the dude is very skilled at what he does. His files are incredible and simple to print. I have his grenadier helmet, but I haven't gotten around to printing it yet. He's also genuinely a really nice guy, so if you need any help or recommendations, just ask him and I'm sure he'll help you out.

i know this is pretty late in the year as a reply goes. but i am currently in the process of printing my second EOD helmet from this guy his shop (the 1st was too big because i made a scale estimation error) from what i put together of it only missing 2 of the biggest parts was really well done. it's easy to put together, and is near seamless depending on the print quality. when i finish my eod helmet i am planning to print the halo infinite pistol and two of the other helmets i got from his store. once those are done i am definitely gonna pick his grenadier helmet up too.

did you pick the helmet up and print it yet?
am curious to how it came out.

Has anyone done the M60 Shotgun? The Body bottom and other parts do not fit on a CR-10 Smart at 100%it looks like I can make them fit at 85%, but I am wondering if anyone has done them before.

Last edited:
Has anyone done the M60 Shotgun? The Body bottom and other parts do not fit on a CR-10 Smart at 100%it looks like I can make them fit at 85%, but I am wondering if anyone has done them before.
I could fit them on my Ender 5 plus by putting them vertically, but you'll probably have to cut the parts up and weld them together. I actually just posted my completed model earlier today.

The M60 one? Because here is the Slicer of the Body Bottom at 100% on a CR-10 Smart.

What program would you use to cut it up?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    32.5 KB · Views: 78
The M60 one? Because here is the Slicer of the Body Bottom at 100% on a CR-10 Smart.

What program would you use to cut it up?
For that part, I made a cut through the front part and laid the handle flat. I just welded that bach together afterwards. The main stock piece I just printed up-right. I just use 3D builder. Free app on windows MS store.
Capture.PNG

Last edited:
I'd always print things standing up/upright because it will give your the best resolution/detail on the sides of the model, where it counts most

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back