Fuffuloo's Pepakura Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuffuloo 117 said:
Sorry 'bout that. Just wanted to show off my stuff. Just ignore them if you have to. I'll delete them later if the need arises.

Great stance LOL :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Fuffuloo 117 said:
oops, you're right. be back in a minute with pics.
Edit: here are my most recent pics:

Me in my new backpack-

I was about to start workin' on the helmet last night, but our printer ran out of ink. Dang.
I'll keep ya posted on my progress. Comments appreciated.

All this time I thought you were a tall person, you seemed very prepared for such a young age, good job. I dont even have much of anything right no besides glue and paper, good thing Sears has a sale on fiberglass and resin today, lucky me =O

EDIT: nice folds, armor looks good and right sized, the only bad thing is for all armor, if your skinny (like me) the chest and back is empty so you need padding.

Thanx. I am hopefully goining to get more ink today.

Edit: I got more ink for the printer. I am about to scale my helmet and then print, but first I have a question:
When I read the scaling sticky, It said to add a few inches to the helmet when scaling. "A few" is kinda vague-how many inches do you suggest I add. Note: I do not want to redo this.

Sweet. That is like my favorite mag now.

On topic: I need to know how many inches to add to my height when scaling the helmet. I'm sorry I don't mean to be impatient, I just need to know. If no one wants to tell me what to do because "I need to figure it out on my own" or something else noble like that I understand. If nobody answers in ten minutes I think I'll just add 3 inches.

Edit: Help! I started printing my helmet and all the lines are red!!!! What do I do? How Do I fix it? Help!!!!

Edit2: Never mind. I just printed in greyscale. I got to admit, I'm still worried though.

Okay, I have finished cutting out the pieces and I am beginning to score them using the dual-pen technique. Sorry that I don't have any current pics, but my dad lost the camera on an Elk Bowhunting trip. So I might not have some pics for a while, until we get a new camera, or at least until I can find a friend with a camera. Oh yeah, and sorry for the double post, but it has been a while, and it didn't seem to make much sence putting this info in my last post. If anyone is offended by my double post, just say so and I will try to merge them. Comments are appreciated and enjoyed.

I still say glue guns are better. You can get one and some glue sticks for 5 bucks at wally-world.

But anyway, good luck. I'm kind of intimidated by the chest piece.

Whew, it's been a while since I've worked on my armor. Anyway, I've finished folding my helmet pieces. I'm about to start gluing, but I remember reading somewhere that it's best to start in as certain place to avoid warping. The problem is, I don't remember what it is. I tried searching for it and everything. I think I'm supposed to start at the jaw. Could somebody please tell me?

Partially off topic: Ive read through a few topics and by "using hot glue" do you mean as in to glue the tabs together because that might cause unevenness because of the thickness of the glue. Or does it not?

Spartas Phalanx said:
Partially off topic: Ive read through a few topics and by "using hot glue" do you mean as in to glue the tabs together because that might cause unevenness because of the thickness of the glue. Or does it not?
It only makes it uneven if you let the glue dry to much before putting them together.

How do I know if a glue is non-dissolvable or not? I am afraid that the glue I used for my chestplate/backpack will dissolve when it meets resin.

no, just glue from Staples.

I have finished putting together my helmet and my codpiece.

I hope to get pics up soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back