Gauntlets(handplates) almost done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well here's my peice of armor that is probably the most accurate thus far.(also the closest to being finished what with all these knew armor pep files flyin around)

[attachment=2113:gauntlet1.jpg][attachment=2114:gauntlet2.jpg][attachment=2115:g
untlet3.jpg][attachment=2116:gauntlet4.jpg]

I used sylfos pep file as a base, then made cuts about the size of a penny or dime and made three ( of what I think are) very accurate indents(atleast I hope). I plan to add a bit more detail them using cardboard, just as I did to help with the indents. Then comes the glassing and painting and whallah! lemme know what you think. My armor is coming along slowly, what with homework and stuff( i wish i had found this site before the very end of last summer)

P.S. this will not be the actual color schem when finshed(maybe)

nice, mine were a disaster, they were always to big or to small so i gave up :)
yours are aewsome man, i can twai tto see the final

yea, I was worried the holes may be a little big, but I can always use bondo or even just some clay to fill em in a bit around the edges

sorry for the double post, but i kinda need some help...

i put on the first coat of resin last night, and everything looked fine....except that several hours later it still wasent dry!!!

My dad thought he would use up some old liquid hardener in the resin, and i am sure that's whats to blame. I mixed some new liquid hardener into the batch and coated it again, but there are still a few patches i missed, any advice?

i had done this first layer of resin so i could add detail without it bein all flimsy

silvershadow said:
sorry for the double post, but i kinda need some help...

i put on the first coat of resin last night, and everything looked fine....except that several hours later it still wasent dry!!!

My dad thought he would use up some old liquid hardener in the resin, and i am sure that's whats to blame. I mixed some new liquid hardener into the batch and coated it again, but there are still a few patches i missed, any advice?

i had done this first layer of resin so i could add detail without it bein all flimsy

Simple answer, Not enough hardener.

Last edited by a moderator:
those aren't gauntlets ... those are hand plates. Gauntlets are the forearms pieces.

They do look great though!

Adam said:
those aren't gauntlets ... those are hand plates. Gauntlets are the forearms pieces.

Well, everyone seems to call the hand plates "gauntlets", and the forearms "forearms".

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry for the confusion about which peice it is, but either way, i guess all i can do is hope that its fine once i resin again and the glass . Thats the last(and first time) i used that old hardener, and either it wasent enough or it was just too old( or cause my dad broke the cap off it) so its goin in the trash! :cautious:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back