Gears 3 COG Chestpiece

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cain Voorhees

So after weeks of silently lurking the forums and reading over stickied threads over and over, I finally decide to participate in the community, though I've already started my first project.

Though I think I'm off to a great start, I was wondering how convincing the pepped chest piece looks when compared to an official model of the Gears of War 3 armor (considering there's no .pdo file of one just yet).

Click the image to view a gallery of the pepping process. I passed the album off as a "secret project" to try and garner some attention on my Facebook (hehe...).

I basically cut the collar part out of the Carmine armor .pdo that Maj. Pain unfolded. I did it to try and serve two purposes: 1) So my head could actually fit through and 2) So it could look more like the Gears 3 armor. I'm not exactly sure if it's convincing enough to pass off as a Gears 3 armor though at this stage. Anyone have any suggestions before I move on to resin it?

I would suggest lower the neck line a little, just the top two squares but that's without seeing it on you. I looked at some pictures and it seems Marcus' armor hangs about as low as a t-shirt would. Also the straps that go directly over the shoulders should be higher than the neck line... you might need to just take the neck lower there too, but again this is with out seeing it on you it could be perfect if it is fitting snug.

Anthony, I sent you a link to the COG Armor thread on Facebook.

Okay so I cut further down the neckline though I imagine that the neckline would be lower since Marcus and the other COGs are wearing sleeveless shirts.
40212_455361828823_713073823_6311811_4822449_n.jpg

I also found another descrepancy that I wonder how I could fix. There's a LOT of space in the back due to the backpack's outward curvature. I was thinking of filling in this space when I go to cons with a lot of black shirts once I finish it but I can't help but to wonder if there's a better solution.

hopethishelps.jpg

It looks good but the only thing I see wrong is that on the new armor the shoulder bands stick up differently hope this helps.

Also I'm not saying you have to follow it exactly I'm just trying to help.

Hm. Well I'm thinking that I could probably get away with it, thanks for the image though. It helped in understanding what you mean better. When I finish resining it, I'll put up another image.

do you know where i can get a pep file for this and

is that cardstocks you're using

is this the same method on making halo armor

do you know where i can get a pep file for this and

is that cardstocks you're using

is this the same method on making halo armor

and do i need to scale the armor?

it looks pretty good right now actually, its going to need alot of detailing and bondo once its resined though.

That GOW3 armor is amazing!! Can't wait to see how it turns out. Where did you find that pep file?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back