Getting arm and leg pieces to stay put

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twitchfmx8811

I just finished my right bicep and I got to thinking how do you get them to stay on you and not fall off. Im wondering the same thing with the forearms and leg pieces?

I have seen straps that are sewed directly to the under suit and Velcro used. I think when I have all my armor pieces done I will end up using a combo of Velcro and straps to make it all work. Best advice I can offer is to do a lot of google Image searches for Halo armor. That's what I did and that's where I saw a few examples.

Spartan 161 said:
I have seen straps that are sewed directly to the under suit and Velcro used. I think when I have all my armor pieces done I will end up using a combo of Velcro and straps to make it all work. Best advice I can offer is to do a lot of google Image searches for Halo armor. That's what I did and that's where I saw a few examples.

That's actually a good idea with Velcro, seeing as you could always take the pieces of unlike you can if they are sewed on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Straps or velcro work, I would hotglue velcro to your under suit or whatever your wearuing underneath, if you want want to ruin a nice sweat shirt of undersuit, the n use strap system, I prefer velcro though.

How my Stormtrooper and Clonetrooper armor works, and what I'm doing on my Mark V, is that the Bicep/shoulder armor is attached to the shoulder straps of the chest armor by a strap of webbing. The thighs have straps attached to them that run up and are connected to a belt worn underneath the AB/back armor. The forearms, well, they just down rest down against your wrists. Also pad the interior of your pieces with foam to ensure a snug fit.

Hey your in ohio too? I just noticed, I'm thinking of buying stormtrooper armor someday, with my job right now I could afford it, but I have my important things to save for...Vespas ftw.

for my shoulders, i sewed velcro to my jacket, and then glued velcro to the armor pieces. i did the same thing to the thigh pieces. for my belt, i wove a webbed velcro belt into some slots in the crotch and butt plate. then for the two side belt pieces, i glued velcro to them, and sandwiched the velcro belt between them and the velcro on my pants. not only does it keep the entire armored belt lined up evenly, but it helps hold up the pants since the thighs weigh it down a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back