Getting Into A Fight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've made black belt in Tae Kwon Do, a middle rank in Kenpo, taken classes in Kendo and Yagyu Shin Kage Ryu (Japanese swordsmanship on & off the battlefield from 1600-1850), and have picked up several fun moves from people who've been through MCMAP, Jiu Jitsu, Hapkido, Tai Chi, and some Anarchist Cookbook fighting techniques to boot.

If you do decide that joining a martial arts program would be a good thing for you, know that it will not teach you how to fight. It will, however, teach you how to defend and control yourself should a fighting type of situation arise: applying the necessary force needed to stop or incapacitate an opponent. I know several ways to seriously injure or kill someone easily and quickly and for that reason I personally try to avoid getting into fistfights. It would weigh down pretty good on me if I killed someone without just cause or wasn't getting paid a $#!Tton of money for it. Not to mention the legal repercussions involved. Besides, on top of what I already know how to do unarmed I am always armed which makes that particular situation that much worse.

Knowing how to fight is one thing, knowing how to defend yourself in sticky situations is something that you should know more about. If this kid starts the fight and you finish it, that's one thing. If you start the fight then you will probably get your ass beat. Maybe not by the kid you beat down but psychologically and legally if you leave marks or give him a permanent disability.

That list that I gave you before should be considered and used only if there is no other alternative but to defend yourself, your property, and/or your friends or loved ones.

If you defend yourself, you're considered to be a hero. If you start fights for the hell of it, then you're nothing more than a strongarm dick.

Preston said:
Why, arn't you a smart boy..... :cautious:

Do you even know how stupid that was? You could end up in the hospital.

"I think I am the toughest mutha out there." Right, sure you are, you'll see soon enough when you finish. Good luck, and what a real mature way to solve problems. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but seriously. Your willing to put your own self at risk? At least learn some form of martail art. I'm in Tae Kwon Do.
(y) I used to be in Tae Kwon Do, and it helps. Do not get in a fight, Ever!

Only fight in self-defense, and only do that if you Can't get out of it, even running from it is better then being in trouble/in the Hospital.

Trust me, there is always someone who thinks they're the toughest, but there is always someone else trying to prove that wrong. Usually it doesn't turn out that well for the both of them.

"Pride goeth before destruction, And a haughty spirit before a fall." -Proverbs 16:18 KJV Bible. Remember these words, and you'll do fine. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Learn Krav Maga. It's what I know (knew... many years ago). The difference between standard martial art and KM? No katas, no forms, just straight out defence. You can do more damage defending then in attack mode. Plus, self defence is exusable under law, being on the offence is not.

Unless you've been in a street fight, yer probably gonna lose. And then the beating doesn't stop because you say "enough".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back