Got Odst Early

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Bradley

Sr Member
Just picked up from our distributor... busy setting up the LAN system at work for it.. might get to play later today.

DSC04435.jpg

DSC04436.jpg

DSC04437.jpg

DSC04439.jpg

DSC04440.jpg

DSC04441.jpg

DSC04442.jpg

DSC04443.jpg

That's all for now.. I won't post any spoilers here.

Underdogg13 said:
How exactly did you go about doing this?

I'm Tech Manager for Laserdome, a Lasertag, arcade and liscensed Halo LAN center in Manheim, PA. I have a good relationship with our regional distributor and he offered to get the game to us the same day it arrived at the distribution warehouse.

I got a hold of Halo 3 about 3 days early this way also.. but this is a new record for him.

Only trouble is that when we get new games in early like this that our owner insists that we renovate our virtual gaming area first, before we open up and play the game. I figure he's entitled to do so being that his money paid for the games.

Last edited by a moderator:
I too have played it before it came out, in fact I was able to complete the campaign on heroic in about 6hrs :D

Don't worry no spoilers but I got to say it was epic, I didn't get to play firefight that much but let me tell you that brute chieftains will destroy you, it took me and my friend 5 deaths a piece just to take one down, and they don't let you dual wield at all so :/

also I think there will most defiantly be a patch the day it comes out becuase when it says loading down in the right corner it freezes up for about a min then the game continues. also no BR :(

Spawn Camp3r said:
I too have played it before it came out, in fact I was able to complete the campaign on heroic in about 6hrs :D

Don't worry no spoilers but I got to say it was epic, I didn't get to play firefight that much but let me tell you that brute chieftains will destroy you, it took me and my friend 5 deaths a piece just to take one down, and they don't let you dual wield at all so :/

also I think there will most defiantly be a patch the day it comes out becuase when it says loading down in the right corner it freezes up for about a min then the game continues. also no BR :(

But you're only allowed 7 deaths in Firefight?

I wrote a whole preview when I got my copy and I only got one reply! :( Nah I'm only messing about, it's great isn't it? even if the gameplay isn't quite as different as they made out it would be (although the Halo 1 style tweeks are a joy.) Something I haven't mentioned in my earlier comments about the game, the music is EPIC, I'm a big fan of all the Halo soundtracks but when you're searching through Mombasa at night with that music pumping through the 5.1, Beautiful!

Nugget said:
But you're only allowed 7 deaths in Firefight?

as far as i remember the review i watched i think you get seven per round? meaning maybe 10 rounds or so hpnestly i do not know but its something like that

GiR3892 said:
as far as i remember the review i watched i think you get seven per round? meaning maybe 10 rounds or so hpnestly i do not know but its something like that

From what the guy on the ODST Truck told me, you and your team share 7 lives together (good ole' Bungie 7 factor).

If you run out, you are dead. However, if one of your team survives to the end of a round, you all respawn, regardless of lives remaining.

OMG OMG OMG!!!!

I can't wait to go to the launch in my WE ARE ODST t-shirt now!!!

Prepare to drop people!!!

-Pony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back