Gow Lancer (Prop Version) - Finished

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I saw the picture I was like holy crap!
When I saw it was a paintball gun I crapped ;)
I don't want to figure out what happens if the chainsaw actually works.

RSloan76 said:
Thanks Spartan 051, for backing me up. Trust me guys, I've become a Lancer expert. I've studied every available

As far as the Triforce/Nightmare Lancer goes. Well, that thing is grossly inaccurate and atrocious. To be fair though, It's possible that when Nightmare Armor Studios makes props/armor without the license, they do not try to be 100% accurate for legal reasons. -I don't know if that's true or not.

Anyway, thanks for the compliments. I need a break for a while, but in due time I'll do a run of these.

Yeah no problem i saw the difference right away and knew what you were going for.

As for Triforce/Nightmare they like put there on artist license or artist interpretation on what ever they make. I think Sid has been quoted about that in one of there YouTube videos. Like a good example of this is there is alot of artist interpretation in the COG suits but there still anuff accuracy they still can call them COG suits

I dont know if its for copy right laws because if apple created a new OS and someone copied them but changed a few cosmetic stuff but the body is still there vista *cough cough* theres a far chance that it is apples product.

But if you start up a run i would love to grab one

Last edited by a moderator:
HOLY $H1T!
Thats awsome! O_O
:eek:

hmm, is it just me, or dose the lancher look like a para, or some other machingun, with a big, migthy chansaw mounted at the front? :confused:

Good work there dude!

Mind if I ask where are you getting your silicon and urethane? I know a Smooth-on distributor in Laval, but is there on in Mtl?

LastSpartan said:
Mind if I ask where are you getting your silicon and urethane? I know a Smooth-on distributor in Laval, but is there on in Mtl?
The one in Laval is where I go. Sial is the name of the place. I don't know of any others in Montreal. Smooth-On's website lists all stores.

***For everyone who has mentioned an interest, I will try to keep you posted as to when I do a run of these.***

Yeah Sial is the one I know too ^^

I heard there used to be one in Montreal but it closed.

I might ask a local store if they can order some, since South shore to North shore is really long in public transportation.

LastSpartan said:
Yeah Sial is the one I know too ^^

I heard there used to be one in Montreal but it closed.

I might ask a local store if they can order some, since South shore to North shore is really long in public transportation.
Ha! Being American, I figured your trouble getting to Sial must be that you don't drive (or have a car). It's something I've noticed with a lot of Montrealers. I go to Sial because I have a car and it's only about 15min away. I live on the border of Westmount/NDG by the way.

Yeah being on the south with no car don't help :p

But actually, next year, I'm going to Dawson College so I'll be near of everything fun haha.
The good thing with sial is they can ship the stuff. I might do that to save me some time in public transportation or even just to save some gaz ^^

that is freakin awesome!
Im working on making one too.

What did you use to make all of it?
especially for the clip and the clip locking device?
looks very solid.

Adam said:
You thought the bullets were big in Sloans version? THe clip marcus is holding is bigger than his head!
That, and he can't fit his giant hand in the little front slot in the GoW2 lancer :lol:

No, ShamWow! jk
really, wouldn't it be cool to make a lancer chainsaw?!
You could chop down trees like Marcus, or mow the lawn like Dominic!

RSloan76 said:
But what do I know? I've only been working in the video game industry for about 5 years :D

Best piece of info in the entire topic... Call me jealous.

Dang... never actually played Gears much, but this is making want to go out and buy the first and second one right now!

Nicely done! I have the lancer off of amazon, as I have zero patience for the weapon build, and I have to say... it looks like a toy compared to yours. Not to doubt you, but I compared the pics of yours to my version... sorry... and...

... I just spent 3 minutes trying to form the right words and failed.

That is some fine work. (y)

really great job... very nice...

For whom are you working in Montréal? I might know some people you could work with... Benoxx? Ubi? A2M?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back