Status
Not open for further replies.
its like $4-$5 a can its worth it if you dont want it to collapse
its not recomended that you use it on all the armor
the helmet is the best suited application
mabe the chest
keep in mind you dont want to pump it full
the stuff expands

was thinking about triple layered paper, then fiberglass resin it, i couldnt find great stuff at home depot i asked a guy and he said they didnt carry it, but they did have an alternative same thing as great stuff except $18 a can.

i see, btw do u think the triple layed paper will keep from warping when i apply the resin to it, or should i spray it with primer first then resin or what?

id probably spray with clearcoat spraypaint ON THE INSIDE to stiffen it up
after applying hot glue to evry seam
id still go to lowes or try walmart they have it too

paper >.>, if the idea doesnt do too well here, ill probably switch to cardstock, i got no clue how to begin with the cardstock tho

do u think itll keep the structure from warping if i spraypaint and hot glue the seems on the inside or outside?

ooo so my hp 1020 can take the cardstock without jamming? i think i might test the triple layered paper before actually doing the armor with it >.>

hmm, maybe i will just do the cardstock thing like everyone else and save my time and money, than experimenting

i just tested out posterboard, the one that sells in 5x5ft, i just out a piece 8.5x11inch, and well the printer took it in just the photo i printed is a little smeared, and theres thin white lines all the way down it

1. If using posterboard, print on the dull side

2. I double-layered my paper and cardboard reinforced and it still warped, that took many extra hours to fix. Use cardstock or something similar, it will save you a lot of headaches.

Oh and please use the edit button :lindsey:

sorry about that im kinda newish to forums, yea imma switch to cardstock, spray paint it on the inside hot glue, then resin it

*edit* i did print on the dull side btw, actually i think both sides are dull lol, whats the difference between cardstock and posterboard/cardboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back