Gundam Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyperdyne

I've been working on a 3D model for a Gundam inspired suit. I'm still working it out for Pepakura.

I like the Gundam designs a lot, but it seems like the suits that most people build are really hard to wear, and when I wear armor, I like to go solo, so I'm working this one out to have good mobility and, hopefully, good range of motion.

Does anyone here have experience with Gundam types of designs for suits? I'm curious to hear about projects, like mech designs, that utilize Pepakura.

Hyperdyne

holy crap waffles! that is amazing! so that's really wearable if one was to find a material to print it and fold it on? please keep us up to date on that!!

(y) (y) (y) :not worthy: :not worthy: :not worthy: :not worthy: :

Very nice work, have seen some pics on mech home made armor but thats about as far as my knowledge goes unfortunately.

Keep us up to date on how it all turns out though.

i imagine that a gundam suit, no matter how simplistic it would be, would be an insane project to carry out, regardless of medium. but, think about it- how many gundam suits do you see?

rvb4life said:
i imagine that a gundam suit, no matter how simplistic it would be, would be an insane project to carry out, regardless of medium. but, think about it- how many gundam suits do you see?
A few...
Gundam.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not that familiar with Gundam, but I can tell you that this is actually a mixture of several of the models. I just took ideas from different ones and modeled a suit around that. There's actually old stuff from the 90's and newer stuff too. I am trying for a cohesive look, but also am designing it with Pepakura in mind, so most of the folds are pretty simple, except in the chest and the knees.

I will definitely post progress of this.

shellshocker said:
Let me guess!

Is that RX-78GP-01? I don't know how to spell the english name, but that MS from 0083 right?

Last edited by a moderator:
mate that is epic- i wanna build one! surely if you finish the model some of the experienced peppers on here would lend a hand! ;)

just dont go to detail happy on the chest the back vents look a little hard but if you finish it or have pieces finished ill start unfolding just shoot me a pm if you want help

Personally, I really don't follow gundam that much, but i think the mech suits look so cool.

anyway, why not try a custom robo Suit design? It's still kind of a mech and it would be good practice.

customrobo.jpg

Maybe? No? Yes?

I attempted to make one last summer but I never made it past the helmet. I lost motivation and couldn't find it again.
IMG_0340.jpg

IMG_0341.jpg

Oh man, props to you! Can't wait to see the finished product, I am a GUNDAM FANATIC!!! And the GP-01, excellent choice! If I'm ever able to find a blueprint I may try my hand at a RX-79(G)

well while on the subject of robot, any one have or will be making a knightmare frame from code geass maybe a southerland or the guren mark 2 ect....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back