Guts, Berserker armor (build Thread) from....Berserk

Kahn 319

Member DIN
S319
I've finally gotten my halo suit to a place where I feel I can take a step back, so now I'm starting on my next project. i was reading through the Berserk manga and when guts got the berserker armor i thought to my self, (this is it, I've gotta do this) so here's the thread of me building a ridiculously large sword and then another suit of armor because we all know that armored cosplayers love pain. I mean it makes sense in the berserk universe cause this armor literally impales him with spikes to hold his body together so the more pain I'm in the more ill be like the character I'm pretending to be. I will be doing this whole project with my Bambu x1 carbon using Bambu PETG basic, I have retired my other printers. for the files I'm using NeroStudios work from Esty, ill be sizing the armor using armor smith but the sword, which is 80 inches I will not be downscaling. The files function as bunch of different plates that are strung together with rope or wire so I will not be using fiberglass resin much. I will be posting updates as I remember to. also if anyone knows how to grow 8 inches taller let me know.
1688668283553.png

I've finally gotten my halo suit to a place where I feel I can take a step back, so now I'm starting on my next project. i was reading through the Berserk manga and when guts got the berserker armor i thought to my self, (this is it, I've gotta do this) so here's the thread of me building a ridiculously large sword and then another suit of armor because we all know that armored cosplayers love pain. I mean it makes sense in the berserk universe cause this armor literally impales him with spikes to hold his body together so the more pain I'm in the more ill be like the character I'm pretending to be. I will be doing this whole project with my Bambu x1 carbon using Bambu PETG basic, I have retired my other printers. for the files I'm using NeroStudios work from Esty, ill be sizing the armor using armor smith but the sword, which is 80 inches I will not be downscaling. The files function as bunch of different plates that are strung together with rope or wire so I will not be using fiberglass resin much. I will be posting updates as I remember to. also if anyone knows how to grow 8 inches taller let me know.
View attachment 333271
Yooooo this is gonna be insane, can't wait to see the progress!

Best of luck on this one. Lotta armor pieces and sounds like you’ve got a solid plan to tackle em! Can’t wait to see the progress!!

Hooooly- this will take a while and so much filament thats gonna weigh a ton, best of luck! If you pull this off it'll be epic

This looks like its gonna be an awesome build man... but I actually don't know what it's from . I'll have to do some research on the character.

unfortunately the seams caused a bit of a problem because the texturedness of the design makes it really hard to hide the seams and me being me didn't think ahead so the seams are kinda obvious, its also really heavy because i
1. re-enforced the insides with fiberglass resin
2. printed it in PETG
3. filled it with expanding foam
the rest of the costume has been put on hold until after HCS because i've been helping other people and making sure my current suit is good for HCS. Hopefully ill have more to update yall on soon.

Attachments

• 386452191_1470176630440791_8829472353395663995_n.jpg
    386452191_1470176630440791_8829472353395663995_n.jpg
    269.5 KB · Views: 83
This thread is more than 6 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back