H3 ODST Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOLIP5IL

Jr Member
Ok i've made the h3 odst helm using supertaco's model, however it is inaccurate-as you will see in the pictures. The main problem is the jaw/mouth area. It is slanted to low than it should be and at the bottom it does not lean towards your neck to give you the proper covering. How can i solve this problem? How should i make the jaw?
Also, there is a frame around the visor. How do you think i should make this?-And with what?
Also, this model does not come with the visor so when i resin what should i use as support so as not to let it warp?
Here are a few pics...

SOLIP5IL said:
Ok i've made the h3 odst helm using supertaco's model, however it is inaccurate-as you will see in the pictures. The main problem is the jaw/mouth area. It is slanted to low than it should be and at the bottom it does not lean towards your neck to give you the proper covering. How can i solve this problem? How should i make the jaw?
Also, there is a frame around the visor. How do you think i should make this?-And with what?
Also, this model does not come with the visor so when i resin what should i use as support so as not to let it warp?
Here are a few pics...
i'll try to fix the jaw when relesed it it wasn't 100% done yet
and i didn't have any good pics of the jaw

Last edited by a moderator:
Folded cardstock support beams hot glued in should work as a "support visor" also a normal extra large HJC visor should fit in there.

supertaco said:
Hey thanks for doing this so quickly. However it is still not accurate. It looks a little...weird..you don't have to redo though i'll just see what i can do..oh can you release helmet again just without the jaw? Remove it completely i wanna see if it can pass for a marine helmet..heh

supertaco said:
i'll try to fix the jaw when relesed it it wasn't 100% done yet
and i didn't have any good pics of the jaw

If you would like some HD screen shots of the ODST helm from the film let me know. I have a fair bit on my harddrive. Better if you tell me what angles you want and I'll see what I can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back