H5 Helljumper WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

PillarofAutumn

Starting a new build thread for this attempt on my armor; last one wound up being scaled too small, so needed to try again. And I already have progress, too; finished structural work on my left toe and heel sections! Need to gap-fill and plastidip/paint still, but it’s on the way! Only thing I’m worried about is my long feet making the boots look weird lol Photos below!

Photos!

Attachments

• A9BB1A15-89CB-4857-A25C-17B241590ED6.jpeg
    A9BB1A15-89CB-4857-A25C-17B241590ED6.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 156
  • 0A03AC5B-3E2F-4C97-AC57-1926630A0C7A.jpeg
    0A03AC5B-3E2F-4C97-AC57-1926630A0C7A.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 147
I got the gap-filling done yesterday, and will be getting more materials tonight to keep going! I do know I’ll need to make some alterations to the shoe plates once I pick what shoes they’ll go on, but that’s a problem for later, when I’ve got more of the armor complete

Shoe plates constructed! Still need to do gap-filling for the right, but going to work on that once I’ve got a left shin ready so I can also ensure the placing on the shoes I still need to get is right

Attachments

• 01619703-238C-4DFD-861C-A431A60B12FD.jpeg
    01619703-238C-4DFD-861C-A431A60B12FD.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 143
So... what do you all recommend if I have to include a split in armor to make putting it on and taking it off easier? I’m thinking I may be able to get away with just splitting the bottom and fitting magnets in the gap, but I’ll know more once I can finish this thigh (hopefully tonight; I’m missing a page or two that I need pieces from)

Depends on where the split is going to be. You have to make sure that you leave enough of a gap at the hing point to prevent damage, even if its foam.

Thanks! Fortunately, it’s looking like I may actually be fine, though I’m now worried that my scale for the shins makes them too big lol Hoping to find out tonight, now that I’ve finally identified the pages of template I’m missing! So many little pieces in hiding

I'm currently recovering from having an ankle fusion done so I've been struggling with the same question. Since I can't point my toes like usual I'm going to have to split my shin somewhere.

I'm currently recovering from having an ankle fusion done so I've been struggling with the same question. Since I can't point my toes like usual I'm going to have to split my shin somewhere.

Ouch! I hope your recovery is going smoothly!

0AA2982C-6916-46CD-8690-CADFADFD91BD.jpeg

So pardon the mess, and my puppy’s backside, but here’s my latest on the shin! I’m still missing a couple of small pieces (lol :lol:), but I’m hoping to have those identified today. Then it should just be some new blades between me and finishing the main part of the shin! Going to hold on the Achilles and mid-calf additional areas until Sunday or Monday; I’m worried that doing them in 1/2” foam will be too cumbersome, so I’m planning a trip to Joann for some 10mm

It's going good, been 3 and a half months without walking now, that's what I get for jumping out of perfectly good airplanes.

Jumping out of an airplane isn't the problem.......it's the landing that hurts.

You J hooked into a tree or something? Or crabbing with the wind to your back and landed off field?

Jumping out of an airplane isn't the problem.......it's the landing that hurts.

You J hooked into a tree or something? Or crabbing with the wind to your back and landed off field?
No I landed in a rut and instead of doing a proper PLF I hit feet first followed quickly by butt on feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back