Props H5 Spartan combat knife

Status
Not open for further replies.

PillarofAutumn

Do 4 and 5 use the same model for combat knives? I'd love to have mine be wieldable instead of a static prop, if possible, and I saw that the Armory has a foam .pdo for the H4 knife

They are the same, but halo the h5 one has "teeth" In the back. If you look it up and see the picture of an dude holding a irl black metal one, that's what it looks like... what are you making it out of? I tried foam but that's not a great idea for blades. Polystyrene? Or probable fibreglassresin now I think of it

I'm not to making it yet, but I was thinking maybe a thermoplastic, if I don't just try to find a way to get one printed

Try buying a rubber training knife. They look good and are easy to paint

Foam will definitely work but if you go that route I would recommend putting something rigid in the centre for stability. I didn't for my kukri on my ODST and the blade likes to flop around lol.

Foam will definitely work but if you go that route I would recommend putting something rigid in the centre for stability. I didn't for my kukri on my ODST and the blade likes to flop around lol.

If I build one myself, I've got a couple of core options depending on what foam I use (fiberglass rod or small metal bar)

If I build one myself, I've got a couple of core options depending on what foam I use (fiberglass rod or small metal bar)
You can defienetly get away with a heavier material though, since it is a smaller prop. I like the idea of using rubber stunt knives but its hard to find one that is exactly the design you want. Maybe modify something existing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back