Half Life 2 Combine (Civil protection)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BagelMaster47

Jr Member
Ok! Halloween is right around the corner (sort of) and that means that it's time for me to start a new costume! I recently started replaying the half life games and really liked the look of the civil protection units. I looked around for costumes for a day or two and I didn't find many. The ones I did find were not the best quality. I did manage to find a really great pep file that was very accurate. This is also my first time ever doing pepakura and I am very happy with the result. I have already pepped out the helmet, applied fiberglass, and have started to apply and sand bondo.

IMG_3769[1].JPG

IMG_3770[1].JPG

IMG_3772[1].JPG

IMG_3774[1].JPG

I will have some pics of the finished bondo tomorrow. Also, here is the link to the thread with the pep file http://www.therpf.com/f24/half-life-2-civil-protection-wip-build-mask-mold-finished-page-5-a-175157/?highlight=half+life

EDIT

I finished a good chunk of the bondo today, but I still have a lot to do.

IMG_3776[1].JPG

IMG_3777[1].JPG

UPDATE!

I was able to make a bit of progress on the bondo today, although it's hard to tell through all the spray paint. I also got a little something in the mail today.

IMG_3779[1].JPG

IMG_3780[1].JPG

IMG_3781[1].JPG

This is the voice changer that I got in the mail today. When it's set to the "monster" setting it sounds a lot like the combine.

IMG_3782[1].JPG

IMG_3784[1].JPG

I also plan to loop a recording of some combine radio chatter and set it somewhere in the vest

IMG_3785[1].PNG

Metrocop.jpg

I plan to use this pistol and 3D print the end piece on to it

711aUQcNtkL._SL1500_.jpg

The pistol can be found here http://www.amazon.com/P30-Metal-Slide-Pistol-Medium/dp/B005177HO4/ref=pd_sbs_sg_5?ie=UTF8&refRID=0QSHNZ1CZ56EM01E9VWA

Pick up that can.

Amazing work, by the way - do you have plans for setting the goggle rims in something to make them stand out?

Pick up that can.

Amazing work, by the way - do you have plans for setting the goggle rims in something to make them stand out?

I plan to put some lenses in the eye sockets, but, I don't know if I should do blue or black

hl2-combine-soldier.jpg

I did a little more on the bondo. However, It's going quite a bit slower than I expected.

IMG_3788[1].JPG

IMG_3789[1].JPG

I did a little bit of work on the gun today. Just sanding down some areas that needed it and some test painting.

IMG_3786[1].JPG

IMG_3787[1].JPG

I've also made a bit of a mess on my back porch . . .

IMG_3790[1].JPG

Looking pretty good. You could also use a Tomb Raider pistol. It has the tip of the barrel that you are looking for.

Looking pretty good. You could also use a Tomb Raider pistol. It has the tip of the barrel that you are looking for.

This is looking really cool so far. This is one of my favorite video games, so it's cool to see people making cosplay of it :)

Thanks, but, I'm afraid I have to go with the pistol I got (In an effort to save some money). I do, however, have a 3D printer that I can try and print the end piece on.

ALRIGHT! I've been a little lazy with the updates. But, today, I have new things to present. I got a pair of mid calf boo- I mean, sneakers in the mail today. They will work for what i'm doing. I found the pattern on the bottom funny too.

IMG_3811[1].JPG

IMG_3813[1].JPG

I think I've finished the last coat of bondo on the helmet. I can finish sanding the bondo tomorrow and start on the details (hopefully)

IMG_3807[1].JPG

IMG_3808[1].JPG

I've been having problems with sanding through the helmet and making holes that I have to fill with bondo. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?

EDIT

II'm done with bondo!! Yaaaay! I put a few coats of primer on and did some details on the back.

IMG_3816[1].JPG

IMG_3817[1].JPG

IMG_3820[1].JPG

IMG_3821[1].JPG

I'm putting another coat of primer on tomorrow as well as start on the neck piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back