Halo 1 Marine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calvinjwalton

Alright, so I've been hovering over this site like a vulture for a few weeks, broke down, joined yesterday, and now I'm attempting to make my own armor. Personally, I think the Halo 1 Marines look best, the H2 marines look funny, but H2 ODST's are the best. Anyway irrelevance behind... I'm going to post my progress in here (If that's okay?)

I'm starting with cardboard as my base, and I was thinking of putting maybe a small layer of plaster, or making the armor out of flashing, and riveting it to my suit. Resin is a little bit out of my financial capabilities for a few months, and I don't know if I should wait for it, or make two suits, or what? :/ I'm nervous about making my first suit, but I realize I'm going to mess up somewhere, so I'm taking it slow.

Hip Shield:
28-10-08_1807.jpg

Forearm Gauntlet:
28-10-08_1810.jpg

Next- chestplate

how do you not like the H3 marines? they are far superior... but i will agree that the h2 odst helmet is better than h3.

dont use plaster, thin layers crack easily..

it sounds like a good plan, so get started on it and get some pics up... these threads arent aloud, progress threads need pics.

FiftyCal said:
the H2's look funny, but H2 ODST's are the best.
Saying this is kind of like contradicting yourself because if you look the h2 marine is the h2 odst without a visor or jaw thing.
The h1 marine is a good place to start because it is easy but the pep is very low detail and not smooth at all. this is also considered a W.I.P. (work in progress) thread which require pics. you probably didnt know that so you might wanna put some up soon. but other than that good luck
edit
i didnt realize dreadmullet had already said the same thing about wip but ill just leave it there emphasize the point

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, so no plaster.
What about the flashing? Has anyone else done that, or is it even a good idea?

And does anyone have any good specs?

I've just been sniping marines on a big TV and drawing everything out by hand.

by hand? well if you dont want to do that I've heard of people peping on paper and then lightly gluing them to cardboard so they can cut them out of that.
the pep index has the H1 marine in it
Pep Index Thread

your stuff is looking fine though.

Looking good so far, I'm working on Halo 1 marine armor but I'm doing pep. There is also the hot glue method that you may want to look into, I'm not sure if you have but i think some people have gotten good results. (havent used it personally)

:D Glory be to the Grand Poobah.
And all of you, this is going to be so much easier with your help. Since individual hugs would take to long, I shall just thank you all from here. :)

Don't forget 50 cal, you can also ask the Q&A team if you have any questions. They will be more than happy to answer them for you. Good luck on this project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back