halo 3 aluminum cast build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linda Pravdin

ok so i have in the past only done seriously low budget armor builds and quick cheep props but im going to be doing some thing much more expensive and fun this time. now i have tried and failed at pepakura and i cant freehand this kind of stuff worth **** so im going to buy the rubies supreme master-chief costume off ebay and since from what i have seen it looks nice panted up a bit but its thin plastic so once i get the suit i will make molds using plaster of Paris then its just a quick bit of melting and casting these pieces in aluminum. once all that is done ill buy one of those motocross body padding suits and affix the armor to that then get a gold motorcycle visor and cut it down and shape it properly for the helmet then its just painting and detail work any ideas or help would be much appreciated as i have only done aluminum casting on small scale or if any one can link me to an easy sniper rifle prop from reach or halo 3 that would be great ill start uploading pictures when i get the supplies and start working see yall soon!

Sounds like quite the undertaking. I've done some aluminum casting myself and I'm looking forward to seeing the end results of your experiment =)

This is deffinetly an interesting concept. The only thing that might be of concern is the overall weight of the aluminum. You will deffinetly need a heavy duty harness to hold the pieces in place. I will deffinetly be watching the progress on this one as the idea sounds petty cool.

Do you have any plans on where you will get all aluminum you will need? Last time I did casting with aluminum we had to use a large amount for relatively small pieces because of the amount of slag that is burned off in the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back