Halo 3 EOD helmet help

Status
Not open for further replies.

axelhead1097

Okay so I got my cardstock today and plan to make supernachos H3 eod helmet but i dont know where to start, should I build from the bottom upwards or start on the top?

Wassup Axel :D

firstly welcome to the community! and did u mean superTACO? lol might be another member. Anywho, if its the helm im thinking of, i to made a pep of that when i first discovered pepakura (before discoving the 405th), and although it was a mad failure cos i used normal paper, i started from the mouth/nose/eyes part and worked my way around the sides. Its really up to you where you want to start, cos some parts may work better in holding others together.
20130416030337.jpg

20130421234618.jpg

Attachments

• 20130416030337.jpg
    20130416030337.jpg
    399.9 KB · Views: 106
  • 20130421234618.jpg
    20130421234618.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 141
Ahahaha, only just realised what I put, yeah i think it's that same helmet ,thanks for the advice I think I might start from the bottom and move upwards :)

I usually work in sections so Ill make the face first, then the dome, then connect those pieces and then work on the back and connect it. I always find it easier to finish at the bottom where the opening is for your head. Good luck!

That's a good tip actually, i made a simple knife from ODST and I did that in sections and that worked out quite well, thanks

I started with the nose guard, then did the circle that goes around behind the head, so id have a stable base to pep the top of the helmet. But its really up to you and what has worked for you in the past

I am currently in the process of building the reach eod helmet, so I might be able to lend a hand! I personally started at the chin area, and worked my way back and up. I tried to continuously add parts along one front in one direction, always adding to my original piece.

There are a few pics of the process in my thread here, if you'd like a visual reference:
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/39682-Phil-s-Reach-EOD-Halo-4-5-thread-of-shenanigans

Good luck with your build!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back