Halo 3 Marine Build - WIP

pippon

Member DIN
S671
So, Summer approaches and with it a new build.
The trusty old Halo 3 marine, a staple of the community.

Figure id have a crack at it, using files kindly provided by TurboCharizard
To start with, the helmet.

Fresh off the printer at this stage, but im planning on a few wee changes based around the halo 4 production artwork (mainly amounting to interior padding, and a NODS mount on the front plate with some added elastic, chin cup and mic boom) whilst keeping the classic halo 3 paint scheme.

Will post as progression occurs.

IMG_5135.jpg

So, Summer approaches and with it a new build.
The trusty old Halo 3 marine, a staple of the community.

Figure id have a crack at it, using files kindly provided by TurboCharizard
To start with, the helmet.

Fresh off the printer at this stage, but im planning on a few wee changes based around the halo 4 production artwork (mainly amounting to interior padding, and a NODS mount on the front plate with some added elastic, chin cup and mic boom) whilst keeping the classic halo 3 paint scheme.

Will post as progression occurs.

View attachment 330658
Nice! Ive always liked the marine armor. I’ve been wanting to do a Halo Wars 2 Marine build for awhile now, I just need to actually follow through lol

IMG_5205.jpgIMG_5759.jpgIMG_5760.jpgIMG_5761.jpgIMG_5762.jpg

So i made some significant progress over the last two months.
The helmets been finished up. Webbing for the chin strap, PETG formed visor, padding is upholstery foam in some covers made from olive cotton drill, and the boom mic courtesy of an old scavenged bowman military headset.

IMG_5941.jpg
Not a tremendous amount of progress, had a busy few months. Currently working on getting everything printed. Using TurboCharizard 's wonderful marine files, im slowly but surely working my way through all the parts. Shoulders are essentially printed, then ill move onto the other bits and bobs before i begin patterning the soft armour to attach it all to. Thankfully this is ground well trodden by others so i have quite a few references to work from.

Hey any progress is progress (y)
Is the inside of that helmet as comfy as it looks? Looks very legit, keep it up!

View attachment 332169View attachment 332170View attachment 332171View attachment 332172View attachment 332173

So i made some significant progress over the last two months.
The helmets been finished up. Webbing for the chin strap, PETG formed visor, padding is upholstery foam in some covers made from olive cotton drill, and the boom mic courtesy of an old scavenged bowman military headset.
thats one hecking beautiful helmet, what kinda paint did you use tho bc that looks pretty close ?(the greenish colour) kinda struggling finding a matching greenish colour

thats one hecking beautiful helmet, what kinda paint did you use tho bc that looks pretty close ?(the greenish colour) kinda struggling finding a matching greenish colour
Silver basecoat, black over that, then a coat of bog standard krylon camouflage green. Comes up lovely in person, perhaps a bit too dark for game accuracy tbh, but it certainly screams "military". :)
Did wear it out a couple days back with the ODST kit just for a bit of a change, and it does the job a treat.

Attachments

• IMG_6079.jpg
    IMG_6079.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 104
  • IMG_6053.jpg
    IMG_6053.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 102
Silver basecoat, black over that, then a coat of bog standard krylon camouflage green. Comes up lovely in person, perhaps a bit too dark for game accuracy tbh, but it certainly screams "military". :)
Did wear it out a couple days back with the ODST kit just for a bit of a change, and it does the job a treat.
perhaps a bit darker but still probably the closest greenish paint style ive seen

This thread is more than 8 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back