Halo 3 ODST Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is great effort. However, I cringe seeing how you apply the bondo. I'm not sure what you used but there are too much lumps. I did something similar when I first applied bondo on the scout helmet. It took me hours to sand off the extras. You may have used the wrong applicator.

On the helmet areas that bend, I suggest that you don't fold them (see the ODST chest pieces that prepped. Less bend less bondo.) When you apply the bondo, use a wide hard plastic piece. Don't use metal because it can't bend around round edges. I used the clear toy packages because it was hard enough and yet bendable. Put some bondo on the plastic applicator and apply the bondo like applying peanut butter on a bread. You get smoother bondo, which translate to less sanding.

To sand, you may want to invest on an electronic sander. It takes minutes instead of hours.

Thanks for tips, but it's not the way I'm spreading bondo (I'm using some cut up plastic thats bendable) It's just that I use a lot of bondo when I really should only use a little. Also, my electric sander broke, and I don't have the cash to get a new one.

And kaimbell90, just PM Lee (and It's and M6S if you want one)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back