Halo 3 Sniper Rifle Airsoft Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyTERMINATR

i have recently had the idea to try and build some of the halo unsc weaponry into an airsoft form (havent a lot of us) so i decided to start with one of the greater beasts, the halo 3 sniper. my plans for the build were to purchase an airsoft sniper rifle and build it into the halo 3 sniper. not pep it and try to fit it inside. so ive been looking at many airsoft rifles and decided the first give up will be that it will have to be bolt action. because the rifle i found that will work the best is: http://www.hobbytron.com/SpringType-96Green450FPSAirsoftSniperRifle.html

dont worry that the butt of the rifle is "not the right shape" or "different size". those parts are cosmetic im just concerned with the inner workings (from the trigger forward).

omg if you actualy accomlish this it will be sic im working n making a ar out of a airsoft gun myself but i dont know how to post topics here since im always working or building armor

I think you have a very good idea but uve got a lot of work to get done to make it perfect but good luck to you man and ill be watching

you should get the Kar98k from dboys, the rifle comes with shells though so im not sure if you really want to use that, I just thought it would work with the design, but of course if you want something that looks more like it already as well as loads like it already then get a spring powered or battery powered m14, the clip loads from almost the same spot, and it has the cockback, of course if you get the battery powered one dont go full auto or people will know somethings up haha

If you can work out the internals and make the weapon sturdy enough to take multiple airsoft bullets to the same spot, it might work. I would do some tests with fiberglass/rondoglass before going forward with it, though

well if your going to buy I dont relly recommend hobby tron, I havent boughten from them personally but my parents have and there customer service isnt very helpful, now that was a couple of years ago but it was enough for my parents to not ever buy there again. I would recommend airsplat.com I've boughten all my airsoft stuff from them and they've been great I do believe they also price match. Ive also used a site called evike.com i think they may have changed it since, but there great at customer service.

I concur with timecon, Hobbytron ain't that great. Airsplat is somewhat better, but they do get orders mixed up occasionally. They usually do manage to correct them if you contact them, though. I suggest http://www.airsoftgi.com if they happen to have what you're looking for, they're stand up guys with fantastic customer service. (They'll send you free stuff if they screw up your order, hee hee.) Haven't done business with Evike, don't know anything about their service.

ImaGonnaGetYou said:
If you can work out the internals and make the weapon sturdy enough to take multiple airsoft bullets to the same spot, it might work. I would do some tests with fiberglass/rondoglass before going forward with it, though

This. Airsoft BBs can punch right through resined cardstock, and will even put a nice ugly dent in resin + cardstock + a layer of fiberglass. You said you weren't going to try to fit the rifle into a pep file though, are you planning to scratchbuild the whole thing around the rifle? (If so, kudos and good luck.)

Last edited by a moderator:
f0xtr0t09 said:
you should get the Kar98k from dboys, the rifle comes with shells though so im not sure if you really want to use that, I just thought it would work with the design, but of course if you want something that looks more like it already as well as loads like it already then get a spring powered or battery powered m14, the clip loads from almost the same spot, and it has the cockback, of course if you get the battery powered one dont go full auto or people will know somethings up haha

The Kar98 doesn't perform as good as it looks, I'd skip it. I actually like your choice of weapons. If you pep the sniper rifle as a clamshell, then you could just bolt the two halves to the gun body with minimal modifications. Or, use the pep model to make a custom stock, and just drop the L96 upper receiver into it. The only problem I see is that the trigger on the sniper rifle is too far above and behind the mag to mate quite right with a standard L96 upper. If you go through with this, though, I will definitely be watching.

well i ordered my gun today and it will be 3-5 days till it comes so ill be gathering reference photos and such in the mean time, i have never used resin or fiberglass (only in longboard building lol) but what i feel most comfortable with is woodworking so i plan to build the gun out of wood and maybe some other materials. but whaat i was looking to do was to make it completely scale accurate. just to make it clear, i dont plan on using it to fight with armor on, i think that that'd be cool but too risky for months of work. i plan to just make this a scale working replica (well of course air soft. i'll have to wait till the gun gets here but i plan on cutting off the stock past the trigger (because that is all just cosmetic and doesnt have any working parts) and building a wood body off the remaining stock of the gun that holds the parts together. also i plan on making multiple clips. the clip is just a small plastic box shape piece that installs flush with the bottom of the gun. i plan on pretty much building the halo 3 sniper clips and mounting on the real clip on top so when installed in the gun it looks scale. if you dont understand what i mean. stay tuned. SORRY FOR ALL THE TEXT, NOTHING TO ADD PICTURES OF... =]

RUSIF=PH said:
omg if you actualy accomlish this it will be sic im working n making a ar out of a airsoft gun myself but i dont know how to post topics here since im always working or building armor

oh i forgot to say, if u want feel free to add it to this thread =]

I was going to comment on how the airsoft rifle you bought doesn't have the correct stock to it, lol, but from the sound of things you seem to have a pretty good plan laid out for this build. It's good the part of the stock behind the trigger is simply cosmetic, as you won't have to worry about compromising any of the working features when you trim it down. Should be really kewl to see someone make a more "functional" version of this. Looking forward to seeing what you do with this :cool

Iffy-Matt said:
I think you have a very good idea but uve got a lot of work to get done to make it perfect but good luck to you man and ill be watching

wait iffy are you seriusly making the halo wars armor and if soo were did you find the thighs i thnk they would go awsome with my combination cqb suite i wana make and i want to see you helmet pleaseeeeeee

thankx

yeah epic fail for me and my gun becoming an ar becouse the back piece wouldnt work i would have to buy another gun and i cant waist time doing that i need an ar for halloween for my mark vi suite...darn if anyone offers an assault rifle i would purchase from them pm me and i will work on a new set of guns intead

EDITED: oops, I was a jerk for no reason on this post because I didn't read the whole page well enough.

Show us some pics if you can, guys. A picture's worth a thousand words, and it's a lot less work to read! :pWhat's wrong with the gun you got, RUSIF? Maybe we can help.

I also would use an M-14 instead of a springer sniper rifle. The Halo sniper is semi-auto, and most M-14s can be fired semi-auto as far as I know. Perhaps an AGM, they are about $110. If you want to see how other people go about making custom airsoft guns go here: ww2aa.proboards.com/index.cgi unfortunately you have to sign up, but its free. Then go to the armory section, then the workshop. There are many stickies and other threads where people have put airsoft internals in real or plastic guns.

A very expensive buy but it would be very close to the Halo sniper would be the SOCOM Gear Barrett M82 ( http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=5565 ). But at 850 quids, it's very expensive for something you're not going to shoot with. The muzzle flash suppressor, the location of the ammo clip, the placement of the handle, the fact that it is a SOCOM all point to the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back