692BE082-orig.jpg

E69D6200-orig.jpg

6ADBA0C0-orig.jpg

3C4D7AF0-orig.jpg

2397D4A0-orig.jpg

293A218E-orig.jpg

SRS99D-S2AM-SniperRifle-profile-transparent.png

A6C774C3-orig.jpg

First off, thanks go out to the many people that have posted pics of their projects before me. I got a lot
of ideas from prior posts, specifically; Sithslayer78, Eclipse, Spartan-005, and probably others, many thanks. I thought my
first prop replica project of the SRS99D-S2AM Halo 3 sniper rifle was going great, so I had to share
a couple concepts I came up with.

The main assembly, barrel attachment, and stock are from the nerf recon. The foregrip section came from the bottom half and internals of the nerf longshot attachment. The barrel compensator is part of a g1 transformer shockwave. The magazine parts are from a Halo 3 Master Chief Helmet base/stand. I am planning on changing the barrel to 3/4" pvc piping from home depot, so I can carve the grooves. The blaster still fires foam bullets but I will mod it further to get longer range. The biggest problem I've had so far is accurately and somewhat functionally reproducing is the scope. I paid 40 bucks for a eyeclops scope but broke the fragile internal ribbon cable connecting the small monitor to the circuit board! So I am planning on spending even more money on a Night Owl night vision monocular, and attaching it because it will look great and hopefully be semi-functional.

Yeah, I will make sure it still shoots before I'm done. Although, it is a nerf recon so inherantly shoots weak. I'm more concerned with visuals anyway, being able to shoot someone safely is an added bonus. :)

I'm all done with converting the barrel from metal to pvc, and nearly done with the magazine. I think it's starting to look good. Some new pics of the magazine will be up soon.

This looks awesome! and the build is very creative.

Very late reply, but just getting familiar with site and such. Thank you for the support, I am having fun with this build, using a lot of imagination. It got put on hold for a bit due to a move and busy with work and all, but I am picking it back up and finishing it. I am also getting over the learning curve of using different materials and chemicals such as bondo, foam, epoxy, and glues to get the look that I want. Can't wait to post the new pics of my work. I've kept the whole gun collapsable, still able to fire nerf darts, and made a lot more game accurate detail modifications for aesthetics.

No update since then?

You're so right, lol, I have run into a snag on converting the "cocking" mechanism from the sliding grey chamber cover to just a working handle like in the game, but getting the internals to still work right is a pain. I think I have it figured out though, I just have to find the time to finish it. Oh, I forgot to mention that I ran into a problem with the magazine and the plastics I was using for certain pieces of it, it turns out that certain plastics don't glue together so well, such as soft plastics. So, I am considering just bondoing certain areas which I didn't want to do, because I would lose the sharp edges that comes with the machined pieces, but there isn't much else I can do. Oh, and I also have converted the "rangefinder" piece, which is essentially the short barrel thing into an actual working laser. Not a "rangefinder" laser, but I put a pen laser in there with a custom made button, I just broke the pen laser modding it, and need to buy a new one which will work once installed. I was even going as far as getting the sound affects to go along with the trigger pulls, but that is a little out of my expertise and price range, but definitely a future project. I really have done quite a few improvements, but probably not as many as the naked eye would see, more mechanical I guess. I really have been nit picking a lot of things, and just need to start slapping it together to finish it, before I totally lose interest. I am trying to keep it all "by hand" work, and avoid using pepakura, but certain pieces are difficult. I'm actually thinking that if I had it to do all over again, certain pieces would be pepakura, just to save on time, but the thing that really makes it a cool and valuable prop, would be the appearance, quality, realistic feel, and "fun factor", and that's what I'm shooting for. I appreciate you taking interest, I didn't think anyone was still interested in this build. I will get some pictures up soon.

No update since then?

Here are some pictures that I took this weekend. I forgot to take a picture of the "rangefinder" mod, but I haven't finished it anyways, so I will have to get that up later. I am still having problems with the magazine and how I'm going to finish that, but I did get the cocking mechanism working, and made sure it still fires darts. I modded the internals a little bit more to get some added range... and without breaking it.....yay, lol. I am figuring out how I am going to enlarge the "compression chamber", (I call it, the thing that attaches to the barrel), so that it will look larger like in the reference pics. I was considering wrapping it with that thin hobby foam, just to give it some more bulk. I am definitely open to suggestions at this point, I forgot to add on the bipod, which I also modded a little bit more to make it look and operate a bit more game accurate. Oh, and the first pic is the other scope that I will have for this weapon, an actual working night vision monocular, I will just have to create the case that it will go in, I'm thinking pepakura. For now, a pellet gun scope integrated into a toy eyeclops scope will have to do. I am considering whether I should wrap it in a floormat rubber texture, or go with pepakura, wood, or possibly even foam.

DA9BC2A3-orig.jpg

8A71ECA9-orig.jpg

BFF043E7-orig.jpg

ABE1F3AC-orig.jpg

SRS99D-S2AM-SniperRifle-profile-transparent.png

B67980CF-orig.jpg

I made one for fun. Mine is nothing in peticular...just something i through together. I kinda like taking nerf guns and making them look meaner...:D

rifle_.jpg

Dang-it; yet another project I have to add to my list of things to do! Best recon mod(s) I've seen yet, great job.

Thanks guys, I'm glad you like it. I like your modded recon also WIFUZZY, I wonder how you did that scope mount. I would like to do something similar for when I do my Gears of War sniper prop. I am planning on making one out of a Nerf Longstrike. I am going to make the scope shell out of most likely a hair dryer plastic shell. I want to have a real bolt handle from a hunting rifle, after that, I will just fabricate the rest most likely from wood, of course it will still fire nerf darts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back