Halo 3 UNSC Marine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys! So small update on this, but the pants and BDU shirt came in the mail today! Sadly the pants are waaaaaaaaay too small :/ going to have to wait until they get some larger waist sizes in since there is no way I'm cramming myself into a 32 waist lmao. The shirt on the other hand has the opposite problem and is just slightly too big. I may have to bump it down from an XL to a Large, but either way I can make it work if I have to.

Hopefully the boots, gloves and combat shirt come in soon so I can at least have a bit of the costume done for pictures! I did manage to find my old digital camo pants so if all else fails I'll use those.

Hey guys! So small update on this, but the pants and BDU shirt came in the mail today! Sadly the pants are waaaaaaaaay too small :/ going to have to wait until they get some larger waist sizes in since there is no way I'm cramming myself into a 32 waist lmao. The shirt on the other hand has the opposite problem and is just slightly too big. I may have to bump it down from an XL to a Large, but either way I can make it work if I have to.

Hopefully the boots, gloves and combat shirt come in soon so I can at least have a bit of the costume done for pictures! I did manage to find my old digital camo pants so if all else fails I'll use those.
That's good to know. I'll kind of having a problem with sizes myself. Most stuff I find online is just way to small.

Such is the curse of cosplay. That's why most people tend to make their own stuff rather than trying to find pieces online. Especially when it comes to military surplus items since you dont know when the right pieces will be in stock.

20210916_194429.jpg
Update time! Got the boots, stencils and combat shirt in the mail today!!! Really excited to go buy some paint tomorrow so I can use the stencils on the shirt. Also getting measurements done so I can commission the armour! But the "Casual" marine is almost complete!

Yeah stenciling on a t-shirt with spray paint is a lot harder than you would think. I have done it a fair amount and most recently still jacked up my ODST undershirt. Are you cutting stencils into tape or using a hard stencil of some kind?

Yeah stenciling on a t-shirt with spray paint is a lot harder than you would think. I have done it a fair amount and most recently still jacked up my ODST undershirt. Are you cutting stencils into tape or using a hard stencil of some kind?
I had a custom hard stencil made so that I can reuse it

Hey friends! Sorry I've been MIA recently, just been biding my time until more pieces came in. So the shirt that I spray-painted went through the wash and actually got a lot of the excess paint from the tape lines off. It still looks a little rough around the edges, but I think it goes with the look that it's been worn for a while and the designs have seen some weathering.

I'm wearing the outfit to work to mark the 1st of October so I'll send some pictures of the "Casual" Marine once I get home complete with my BR that I have.

In other news, I've commissioned a set of Halo 3 Marine armor from Sentinel_creations, so that should be getting printed over the next few months and shipped out. I'll naturally send pics once pieces arrive for you guys so I can show them off :) this is super exciting for me to be able to have an actual legitimate Halo cosplay almost within reach!!!!

Just a little photo dump of the progress so far. This will be version 1, and while I'm still waiting on pieces it's a good representation of the "casual" marine that I can do until the armor gets here.

Attachments

• 20211001_161509.jpg
    20211001_161509.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 143
  • 20211001_161459.jpg
    20211001_161459.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 137
  • 20211001_161919.jpg
    20211001_161919.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 145
  • 20211001_161840.jpg
    20211001_161840.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 146
  • 20211001_161806.jpg
    20211001_161806.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 144
  • 20211001_162011.jpg
    20211001_162011.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 136
  • 20211001_161727.jpg
    20211001_161727.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 140
Hey friends! Been a little bit, but wanted to share a progress pic that my friend Sentinel_creations sent me of my Sniper Rifle. He is currently in the process of sending it and then weathering and painting, but I couldnt be happier with how it looks so far should be able to start getting the armor pieces printed soon so that we can start making some serious progress.

I did have a question about the undervest system to help attach the armor pieces though...I know I'm probably going to be looking at a plate carrier of some kind, but does anyone have any suggestions on a specific brand or type?
received_1079738969432784.jpeg

Hey friends! Sorry I've been M.I.A for a bit, but I've been waiting patiently for various pieces to get shipped. My Sniper Rifle should be on it's way from Germany soon so we shall see how long it takes to get here. My Armorsmith is working on resizing and printing the actual armor for the Marine so I should hopefully have that in time to display at MAGFest in January.

The Rocket Launcher is also almost done and should be ready before then as well. I cant wait to show you guys what it all looks like :D

Update time! Shipped straight from the heart of the UNSC and Misriah Armory, my friend Sentinel_creations has brought the SRS99D Halo 3 Sniper Rifle to life. This thing is going to look fantastic when the pieces of my armor get here and I literally cant wait to get some good pics with it!

Attachments

• 20211126_094602.jpg
    20211126_094602.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 131
  • 20211126_094609.jpg
    20211126_094609.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 145
  • 20211126_094614.jpg
    20211126_094614.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 133
  • 20211126_094628.jpg
    20211126_094628.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 130
  • 20211126_094634.jpg
    20211126_094634.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 141
After sleeping on it, I had the idea to try and go with Woodland camo military fatigues (if I can find them), some black combat boots, and maybe a tan tactical shirt for the overall regular layer of clothes?

Trying to decide if I should go with tan/olive drab or just keep it like a darker green for the shirt? It's mostly going to be covered by the armor pieces, but I dont want it to look goofy.
Bro, You are going to want some FROG gear. It's far more comfortable than simple fatigues or cammies (sorry, Marine Veteran). F.R.O.G. Fire Resistant Organizational Gear (if I am remembering correctly)

Bro, You are going to want some FROG gear. It's far more comfortable than simple fatigues or cammies (sorry, Marine Veteran). F.R.O.G. Fire Resistant Organizational Gear (if I am remembering correctly)
I'll have to keep that in mind for a future improvement! I'll get a feel for how the whole thing feels in January and make an assessment after MAG Fest, but I appreciate the insight. Thank you for your service

I'll have to keep that in mind for a future improvement! I'll get a feel for how the whole thing feels in January and make an assessment after MAG Fest, but I appreciate the insight. Thank you for your service
Semper Donuts, Man! Best wishes. I'm in the middle of an ODST build myself. Just dealing with a 3D printer that is a tad uncooperative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back