Halo 3 UNSC ODST chest armor reference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kat123

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has access to the 3D model of the UNSC version of the ODST, from the Halo 3 campaign and not Halo 3: ODST? I have a general idea of what it looks like, but would like to know if anyone who has access to the 3D model to confirm this, because it looks like the torso armor can be removed. Attached images are what the armor looks like from beneath the armor from the front.

Attachments

• D2895F68-21CA-40D4-84CF-170BAB96BE5A.jpeg
    D2895F68-21CA-40D4-84CF-170BAB96BE5A.jpeg
    488.8 KB · Views: 209
  • 4D05F951-560C-4495-83C5-CD58BE250533.jpeg
    4D05F951-560C-4495-83C5-CD58BE250533.jpeg
    495 KB · Views: 201
Finding the H3 model may be difficult, although I don't see any reason why it would be functionally different than the H3:ODST version. To clarify, by "chest armor" are you referring to the entirety of the gear on their torso or just a specific part?

Finding the H3 model may be difficult, although I don't see any reason why it would be functionally different than the H3:ODST version. To clarify, by "chest armor" are you referring to the entirety of the gear on their torso or just a specific part?
Hi, by chest armor, I am referring to what it actually looks like underneath the torso armor pieces. Looking at in-game reference, there is a separation by color of the armor and undersuit that is hidden by said torso armor. I would just like to confirm that and hopefully be able to see the difference between it and the torso armor in Halo 3: ODST, since the undersuit from ODST has been shown in man references.

Ah I see. Well, I wish you luck in your search. If you want a really great example of that piece on a h3: odst check out Lostviking props odst armor. You can search him up on fb. Basically the holy grail of odst builds.

Ah I see. Well, I wish you luck in your search. If you want a really great example of that piece on a h3: odst check out Lostviking props odst armor. You can search him up on fb. Basically the holy grail of odst builds.
Thanks for the reply. I’ve seen the build you’re referring to, with the torso padding. Amazing stuff. I’ve actually found a 3D model of the campaign version and taken a look under the armor pieces. Was disappointed that looking there doesn’t reveal what the chest armor looks like fully. It’s just placeholder images, so to speak, of what the armor that will go on top of it is.

I would just build it into your torso armor.
Do you recommend a flexible material for it? Because when the ODST’s slouch over, their chestplate goes over their torso armor. But the problem is that both the chestplate and torso armor are attached to the underlying chest armor. You could chalk it up to faulty or unrealistic attachments in the actual game. But just think it’s interesting to point out. If it was a flexible material, it would probably bend in the middle, creating that effect.

I'm not sure I quite understand what you're describing, do you have reference?
Yes, what I meant was that the chestplate actually clips through the torso where the red line is. What I was saying was that should I add a way to recreate that effect. I think a better method would be to have the specific piece in two pieces that slide over each other and attach the armor on each of those pieces.

Attachments

• 5DB05451-6447-46B7-BD38-E4ACC7F8A7C4.jpeg
    5DB05451-6447-46B7-BD38-E4ACC7F8A7C4.jpeg
    52.9 KB · Views: 192
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back