Halo 4/5 Custom Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
ouch......getting off topic here. Great armor Amir. Keep pics coming. Wish I could make it to Katsucon. have fun.

Speaking of crotch plates, I just did a print of one. turned out alright for a rough piece. View attachment 22378

Nothing worse than a rough cod plate..........it chafes when you walk.

Luckily, some smooth-on will fix the roughness, but that piece actually works really nice. At least for me, it seems to cup well, and stays away from my disproportionate thighs for the most part. obviously have yet to do a field test and actually wear it though, so I could be horribly wrong.

ouch......getting off topic here. Great armor Amir. Keep pics coming. Wish I could make it to Katsucon. have fun.

Well that just made my day haha! Thanks guys, I'm excited for the armor. I'm a little worried though, it's a little bit on the small side and so far with whats been made of it, its tight but I think it'll be okay.

Heres a picture of what I'm talking about:

IMG_6685.jpg

Side view:

IMG_6686.jpg

So as you may be able to see its a little tight at the shoulder area even without the motorcycle padding/armor on but I think it should be ok in the end.

If you guys have any suggestions to what I could do that'd be great!

Looks awesome so far! the only thing I hate about 3D printing.... it takes FOREVER... I'm currently printing the plate that goes in the center of the back for the Centurion armor set. The single plate alone (between the thrusters) is going to take 22.5 hours to print... I've been basically printing non stop for the last week and a half and only have the pauldrons, biceps, forearms, hands, butt plate, cod, and ab plate done.... up next are all the big ticket items.... Chest, Thighs, Calves, and feet (once I get my boots in for measurements) but im doing some extra modelling to put a ratchetting strap in those pieces... so hooray butt tons of 3D model work!

Well that just made my day haha! Thanks guys, I'm excited for the armor. I'm a little worried though, it's a little bit on the small side and so far with whats been made of it, its tight but I think it'll be okay.

Heres a picture of what I'm talking about:

View attachment 22396

Side view:

View attachment 22397

So as you may be able to see its a little tight at the shoulder area even without the motorcycle padding/armor on but I think it should be ok in the end.

If you guys have any suggestions to what I could do that'd be great!

Yes it definitely looks tight around the shoulder joint. You almost look like a large scale action figure.........w/ blue shorts? Nah....don't think it would sell. Anyway, there is no way for you to get smaller so the only alternative is to either build arm holes bigger next time or shave out a little of your current armor. Either way, going to be a lot of work. Have you worn it for a long period of time yet? Is it too tight like its choking your arm. Do you have to keep your arms away from your body because its pinching at the joint? Other than that, not sure.

Hey guys! It's been a while and I completely forgot to post my finished armor here to share with you guys! So I went to Katsucon and met up with the UNSC Captiol Group they're pretty cool guys it was awesome meeting all of you! I finished the new chest piece and the abdomen/groin area

View attachment _MG_0425_FINAL.jpg
View attachment _MG_0427_FINAL.jpg

Shout out to MG Norris Contemporary Photography for these awesome photos of me!

IMG_6910.jpg

I'm in a bunch of other photos with all the Spartans but this one you actually can see me a lot.

I used my 3D printer Battle Rifle I got off of etsy since at Katsucon they didn't allow any prop guns that can/could shot any projectiles. Even though tons of people brought theirs I wanted to be on the safe side and not ending losing my Assault Rifle haha. Let me know what you guys think! I'm definitely plan on working on a new cosplay soon in hopes of making it for my schools next sci-fi event. Its a secret for now but I'll keep you guys informed!

EDIT: Decommissioning the suit, its gone through a few rodeos but its finally starting to break and I don't feel like continuing it personally. Rather just focus on newer suits.

I also finally got to do another skit like I did before at my school's sci-fi club (And someone actually recorded it yay) so here it is enjoy:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back