Halo 4 Cortana - Life Size Figure

Status
Not open for further replies.

BanishedTankBal

i use to be a part of the 405th back on the OG reach days. its been a long time and i forgot about this forum, so with that said im going to be building a life size Halo 4 Cortana.

right now i got the model al set up and ready to go. sadly my hotglue gun died on me right as i was going to start the build so im stuck for a few days.

271198267_1089072558550000_6298027783318873499_n.png

i spent a good 4-5 hours in blender adding the formers to this model so i can keep the shape as im building her out.

You're a Pepakura fanatic! I'm curious for something this size, how do you make sure they remain (reasonably) durable? And how do you paint them, or do you just print with colour?

when is comes to building this i just print them out and u use jumbo craft sticks from walmart to add reinforments to they dont claps on themself

0108222228.jpg

0108222228a.jpg

to help keep the shape as im building i use something call formers i make in blender

0108222240.jpg

0108222242a.jpg

now as im building i do also need a few wooden dowels to act like the bones to keep them standing up

0108222332.jpg

now i finished the first leg and im now building the next one

0109220458.jpg

when is comes to building this i just print them out and u use jumbo craft sticks from walmart to add reinforments to they dont claps on themself

View attachment 312861
View attachment 312862

to help keep the shape as im building i use something call formers i make in blender

View attachment 312863
View attachment 312864

now as im building i do also need a few wooden dowels to act like the bones to keep them standing up

View attachment 312865

now i finished the first leg and im now building the next one

View attachment 312866
this is going to be epic

hey its been a bit. i got the face and some her hair added now
0115222357.jpg

but as u can see her face isnt really right. something about the eyes just r not set right, i have tried moving them around but it really doesnt help. but if u look at her from a angle she does look better

0115222358.jpg

im hoping added more of her hair will help with the look but im thinking the model is just to low polly that its very hard to get the face and eyes to match 100%.

0115222358a.jpg

0115222358b.jpg

my thought is if her was higher polly the face and eye would fix alot better. i dont think the guy that made this model is willing to do that but i did message asking his thoughs

I think the problem is also from her expression. We're so used to seeing Cortana with a multitude of facial expressions, but the one above looks like the basic expression the model was made in, so that later on it was easier to rig and animate. Perhaps some narrower eyes and a slight smile would add some character, if you were wanting to re-do that part.

I think the problem is also from her expression. We're so used to seeing Cortana with a multitude of facial expressions, but the one above looks like the basic expression the model was made in, so that later on it was easier to rig and animate. Perhaps some narrower eyes and a slight smile would add some character, if you were wanting to re-do that part.
i didnt make the model but that is a idea, again idk if the guy that made it will be willing to rework her.

Man, this is kinda trippy to look at but I oddly want to make one or two myself. Those anime figures look really well made.
Do you do anything to the surface of the paper to strengthen it? Is it cardstock?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back