Halo 4 Pepakura (Files within)

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay so i can't post a new thread in the noob forum for some reason unknown to me :/ but i unfolded the H4 Recon helmet by monkeyfuj and finsihed it. THIS IS MY FIRST TIME UNFOLDING FROM BEGINNING TO END, so on that note I hope it works for you all lol. I will be taking a stab at it soon

revised edit of the h4 recon pep here

let me know how it looks to you all comments and feed back is appreciated! ENJOY 405TH :)
scaled to 310 mm ( about 12 inches wide ) by 329 high ( 13 inches high)
6645_543683252326192_1587977044_n.jpg

okay so i can't post a new thread in the noob forum for some reason unknown to me :/ but i unfolded the H4 Recon helmet by monkeyfuj and finsihed it. THIS IS MY FIRST TIME UNFOLDING FROM BEGINNING TO END, so on that note I hope it works for you all lol. I will be taking a stab at it soon

http://www.4shared.com/file/sghXVkU8/h4_recon_by_monkeyfuj-unfold_s.html

let me know how it looks to you all comments and feed back is appreciated! ENJOY 405TH :)

That's because you are not a noob anymore! Congrats btw. ^^ (depends on the number of posts. >100 and you "have" to post in the creation discussion forum.)

The unfolding looks pretty good! I have currently no pepakura installed so I can't check it, but looks fine on the screenshot. :)

That's because you are not a noob anymore! Congrats btw. ^^ (depends on the number of posts. >100 and you "have" to post in the creation discussion forum.)

The unfolding looks pretty good! I have currently no pepakura installed so I can't check it, but looks fine on the screenshot.

holy cow, thanks! I didn't even notice to tell you the truth, i was just going along my merry way. If you build get a go at this let me know how it works for you. i made it with as much thought i could and brought it from about three hundred pieces down to a little over a hundred. some complicated cuts but nothing too bad. thanks for the comment!

http://www.4shared.com/file/sghXVkU8/h4_recon_by_monkeyfuj-unfold_s.html

Thank you so much i'll have to take a stab at this later and loving the post count

not a problem spartan, i actually enjoyed doing the unfold. love learning new things and plus it helped out an awesome community that has helped me out so much. it's a way for me to say thank you 405th!

dunno if anyone else has made this yet, but since I was making it for myself, I figured you guys could use it too!

(if you couldn't tell, I haven't unfolded it or sized it, so if you would like to do either, or both, click the picture to download the .obj)

EDIT: Also, this is an Enforcer boot, if you guys didn't want to go look into it or anything.

Hello 405th!

I'm dying to make the HAZOP helmet from Halo 4. It's friggin' awesome...
but all I'm getting in the search results is the Halo Reach Hazop, and that isn't much help because I don't like that helmet very much in terms of style. No seriously, in my opinion, this is the best armor set and I've literally been waiting since the game came out for a skilled warrior to create this piece for me to work off of.

Basically, I'm asking for someone to direct me to a Halo 4 HAZOP Pep (doesn't matter if unfolded or not) so I can start on a project that is worthy of being posted on this site (mainly because nobody wants ANOTHER ODST)

Thank everybody on this wonderful community a huge sack load for the wonderful work that they have produced, and I want to sincerely apologize for possibly being in the wrong place. I know I'm a newb and this being my first sign of activity might raise some red flags, but like I said, I'm dying for this Hazop build so I can go Airsoft in it, if it were to work out (and it would be my first project page) so I can use all the help I can get.

Now I'm going to go look for some more Hazop

I can't emphasize enough how cool the helmet looks

I would recommend putting in a request at the Halo 4 Helmet Request Thread and see if anyone will pick up the project.

On a side note, I'd also recommend NOT using the helmet for airsoft, paintball, etc.. Foam helmets get very easily mauled, and fiberglass/pep helmets get cracked, chipped, or straight out torn apart, unless you're only using the cheesy spring-fired, single-shot pellet guns like they sell at flea markets and fairs. Anything CO2 powered will do some serious damage, and after spending long hours (and a sizable chuck of change) on building it, who wants to have their hard work torn to pieces?

There have been several members in the forums who have been tossing around ideas on how to make armor that's sturdy enough to take the punishment without being so heavy that you can't move in it or so expensive you'd need to be Bill Gates' favorite son to make it, but so far as I've seen, there hasn't been any major breakthrough just yet.

I dunno, my ODST helmet can withstand my 378 fps AEG and my friend Joseph's 512 fps pistol. I know this because after 5 layers of fiberglass cloth and lots of head scratching (testing) I got it to be somewhat strong enough... though i do admit it is pretty dang heavy, and since it's solid it retains moisture making it very very painful to skirmish with, though i have done it once before.

My formula is simple though, fiberglass cloth attached onto the piece using Bondo, but with a 5:1 ratio of Resin: Filler. Like I said it gets heavy after 3 layers though.
At least it works for me :p

I'm not worried about it being wrecked, because it can only lose paint. I wouldn't go play paintball with it however for obvious reasons.

About the HAZOP... yeah I will go ask over there, but it seems like the thread is being overrun by requests and it doesn't feel like many requests are satisfied. I just felt like it might get more attention here because it has a little more breathing room... but I realize it isn't even a request thread anyway. Again, I apologize for the "leeching" (is what it's called?)

Just desperate for this Hazop you see.

If you don't mind the weight multiple layers can work, but definitely don't want to go for a full suit of fiberglass armor like that. One thing I might suggest for preserving the paintjob: I haven't tested the theory yet, but perhaps a few layers of clear plasti-dip might be enough to protect the paint. Just be sure to smooth it out between layers as you apply it to keep it from getting cloudy. In theory, it shoudl work, but then I've never used plasti-dip before, so I don't know if the theory is viable.

I've tried mixing my bondo solution with paint as an experiment to try to get that magic material that can be carved but not have to repainted. I intended to create paint infused resin.

End result was weird, it sort of worked because the resin did what it was made for, to stick and harden... but the surface was awfully sticky clumpy. it was also hard to get it onto the piece because it was so clumpy.

Maybe the paint I used was not compatible with the rest of the ingredients. It worked, but in order to make it into a satisfactory state I would have to sand down the whole thing, which would've been a pain.

I Started a list organizing any helmets that have been brought to light and those that haven't... yet.
List is updated as soon as possible, and is pretty accurate so far.

Official 405th Spartan Research Program 4 Organizer
come check it out, and speak up if you have anything to say about it like changes, updates, error correction, etc.

Thanks for your attention, hope it helps.

sorry for the double post, btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back