Halo 4 Scout 'Donation' Build WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

goboy3133

So, I'm going to start off by mentioning that I am notoriously known for not finishing what I start, costume wise (Take any of my full armor sets so far :/), but with that out of the way, hi, after a long while!

So it's been a good half year since I posted anything in the 405th, and I'm coming back with a project, not aimed for me, but aimed as a donation (I'll get to that). I'm working on the Halo 4 Scout helmet, and this is what it's looking like so far:
Front Left:
photo1ia.jpg

Front Right:
photo2fmz.jpg

Back:
photo3vs.jpg

Ok, so now that's done, let me explain the whole donation thing.
Near my grandmother's house, there is a library that ran a Halo 4 comp, a while ago, and my sister, knowing my love for Halo, signed me up to play, and I sorta won, although the comp wasn't really a comp as it was a test run. After the first event, I offered my services, as I knew a lot in how to help the library set up the consoles (they had two) for a 4v4 LAN game. The second comp came, and it felt more like a comp, but not there yet. There were prizes and what not, but not fully a comp. Working with the library, I showed them my collection of Halo 4 props I was working on at the time and me (kinda being stupid not knowing how long it'd take me) offered to make helmets for a prize, initially if was for the top 3 players, as it was going to be an FFA styling comp, but we revised it into a league match, changing it from 3 helmets to 4.

SO.
Here is my plan. If I can get this Scout helmet done before the end of the season, which is yet to start by the way, what I was going to do was make it my own, then make a mold and copy it 4 fold for the prizes, of course technically being the same helmet.

So, let me know what you guys think, and I'll keep you updated on the know how of the helmet, and if you'd like, the Competition (It's in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, just in case you wanted to know :p)

So, until next update, see you guys later!
-goboy3133

p.s. I wasn't sure if I was meant to post it here, because I can't post in the Noob Forums anymore for some strange reason.

I think it is a great idea! It gives incentive to finish the helmets, ha ha! I hope you keep us posted on your progress and on the comp!

Hey guys!
So today being my off day for exams, and the exam isn't really all that important, I spent some time today working on the helmet. The back part that's shown above was off when I was working on it because it didnt sit on the helmet properly, so I reattached it, and am working on it from the back to the front, around-ish. So, without further adeu, the helmet so far!

Back, but to the more left a bit to give it that cool look
3p6o.jpg

Back, but to the right that its so evident it's not funny:
6l3a.jpg

If I have time, I'll be working on it tomorrow after my exam, and definitely will be during the holidays if I don't get a job that I've applied for, but it's coming along nicely now. I think I only need to kill (as in finish, but I like calling it killing) 8-9 more pages until its done, then the casting, and hopefully added ectronics.

So, until next update, see you guys later!
-goboy3133

Hey guys!
Yes, I know it's been 6 months since I updated, but that's mainly because I paused the build for school. So after all that time, I finally got back to working on the helmet, and this is it so far.

svbs.jpg

8xdy.jpg

gpv0.jpg

bfsq.jpg

All I've got to do left is pep the visor and then I'm done the pep stage.

That's all for now though, so until next time, see you guys later!
-goboy3133

If you're seeking to make your file as accurate as possible, several game-ripped Halo 4 Scout files are now available for you to take a bash at. I'd recommend taking a look.

Nice work regardless.

Good news everyone!
Today, I finally finished pepping the helmet, so now I can go to the next phase of making the helmet... BUT, to be quite honest, I don't actually know what to do next. Can anyone help me?
Anyways, here's the fully pepped helmet:
uzll.jpg

jfl6.jpg

3k9u.jpg

Until next time everyone, see you later!
-goboy3133

Time to resin the helmet.. might want to but in some braces as well so you dont have ,what i calm "melt down" , (sagging) when yo do start the resin. And i cant say this enough on builds ive seen where ppl rush threw and toss on 1 heavy coat.. take your time.. resin small area's at a time it pays off in the end.

Time to resin the helmet.. might want to but in some braces as well so you dont have ,what i calm "melt down" , (sagging) when yo do start the resin. And i cant say this enough on builds ive seen where ppl rush threw and toss on 1 heavy coat.. take your time.. resin small area's at a time it pays off in the end.

How exactly would I go about bracing the helmet? I've seen so many other people having braces, but I've never really understood what they did and how they did what they did.

-goboy3133

Braces are basically wooden dowels card board or if your lucky they added them into the PDO file.. Like flyingsquirles work .. theres 8 braces that would be pepped out and folded then glued in while you resin the outside twice. Then you would remove the braces and resin the inside.

I strongly recommend braces. I used the FlyingSquirrel files which come with braces, but also some files from others that dont, guess which ones are out of shape? As the Resin was applied the cardstock lost it's strength, then as it cured it became set in that shape. I've decided to turn it into "battle damage"

I had bought a box of tongue depressors for mixing, but hot gluing these around the Pep gives the cardstock strength and shape. If you use then as bracing you'll need to work around them or removed them before using fibreglass, but if you attach them flat to the Pep then you can leave them in place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back