Halo 4 Scout helmet build

Status
Not open for further replies.

arma358

Member DIN
S358
This is kinda an after action report for now as I don't have a proper space at the moment to do bondo work. Long and short of it is...I wanted to actually see how difficult it would be to make a H4 helmet, as I've heard mixed stories about the difficulty. It doesn't help that I was bored and wanted something to do. Many thanks to SpartanSonny and Zercon. :)

Anyways, without further ado...

The beginning of the process. First piece and gluing.
YrcqJQl.jpg

Very top completed...and even for once! :D
CAgLkxb.jpg

Sizing looks about right, width wise with my glasses. Also, fiddly bits are fiddly.
3Q5GxK4.jpg

nslvuly.jpg

And here's the current product! Hardened with smooth-cast 65D. I know it's supposed to be for casting helmets and the like, but it works exceptionally well for hardening. Much quicker cure time compared to my envirotech lite that I would use otherwise.
CpHmfQF.jpg

I hope to add more pictures as this comes along in the near future! I'm not sure exactly what I want to do...although I have been considering molding it to potentially sell in the future...but that's not set in stone. In either case, I'm happy with how well it turned out. Any feedback would certainly be appreciated!

Attachments

• YrcqJQl.jpg
    YrcqJQl.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 230
  • CAgLkxb.jpg
    CAgLkxb.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 255
  • 3Q5GxK4.jpg
    3Q5GxK4.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 247
  • CpHmfQF.jpg
    CpHmfQF.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 225
  • nslvuly.jpg
    nslvuly.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 242
So I'm confused. Are you going to resin/glass it or just smooth-cast it? Because one of my issues with pep is just that I don't want to resin and glass.. ​But if that's really all it takes to harden it, then I may consider doing pep. Please tell us!

So I'm confused. Are you going to resin/glass it or just smooth-cast it? Because one of my issues with pep is just that I don't want to resin and glass.. ​But if that's really all it takes to harden it, then I may consider doing pep. Please tell us!

Honestly, I haven't quite decided yet. From what I can tell so far...the 65D is pretty darned strong, with or without the extra glass. If I did go and glass it, I probably would use 65D, as it's -way- less toxic than the polyester resin that I would need to use. Considering I'm working in an apartment, that's a big deal for me.

Wow. I realized that I hadn't posted -any- updates to this. Let's remedy that. Since the last time I posted here, the helmet has been completed. Sorry folks for the slightly picture heavy post.

Here was part of the bondo phase:
hJbUQ0jm.jpg

After that, came black primer...after more sanding of course.
NLossu7m.jpg

Then, I was able to paint detail. This paint scheme is based off of some fan art for a Halo to RWBY crossover.
rwby__pyrrha_nikos___spartan_armour_by_dishwasher1910-d88nxx8.png

The character that I went ahead with is Pyrrha Nikos.

That gave me this scheme:
EkCAvoNm.jpg

lB02ZnHm.jpg

This is what it looked like with the visor installed as well as some weathering.
cEHDsW9m.jpg

Finally, I sent those images to Jen Brown, the voice actor for Pyrrha Nikos, and she liked it on Twitter. I was able to make it to RTX, and show her the helmet in person. This was her reaction:
zEvkwpSm.jpg

Feel free to ask any questions, or constructive criticism below. :)

Attachments

• NLossu7m.jpg
    NLossu7m.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 260
  • hJbUQ0jm.jpg
    hJbUQ0jm.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 233
  • rwby__pyrrha_nikos___spartan_armour_by_dishwasher1910-d88nxx8.png
    rwby__pyrrha_nikos___spartan_armour_by_dishwasher1910-d88nxx8.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 299
  • cEHDsW9m.jpg
    cEHDsW9m.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 249
  • lB02ZnHm.jpg
    lB02ZnHm.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 244
  • EkCAvoNm.jpg
    EkCAvoNm.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 250
  • zEvkwpSm.jpg
    zEvkwpSm.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 239
I like the paint scheme! I did a halo 4 scout as well and I didn't even do the top details so nice job with those.

Hey, nice helmet! I know this thread is five years old but with the luck I've had, I'll do anything. I'm trying to make a black and purple version but all the files for pepakura on the forum are outdated and won't work. I went to tons of websites and cannot find a single one that will work. If you could send a link to download it id be super thankful. Thanks!

Hey, nice helmet! I know this thread is five years old but with the luck I've had, I'll do anything. I'm trying to make a black and purple version but all the files for pepakura on the forum are outdated and won't work. I went to tons of websites and cannot find a single one that will work. If you could send a link to download it id be super thankful. Thanks!
So the helmet file here isn't working? What sort of error do you get when you try to open it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back