Halo 5 Guardians Campaign/SPOILER thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saeka

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD
TREAD ELSEWHERE IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED HALO 5.

So, what did you all think?

Personally, I like the that they picked up the thread from Halo 1 that Bungie had considered. Cortana's had issues since she first went into the Alpha Halo.

Looking forward to a heartbreaking reunion before Cortana is deleted permanently at the end of Halo 6.

I know there is a nice Spoiler Warning in the thread title, but I'll throw my thoughts in a Spoiler tag, just in case.

I also found it interesting that 343i went back to the abandoned Halo 1 plot idea of Cortana becoming an antagonist, and the Chief having to fight against her in the end. It will be very interesting to see how that conflict plays out in Halo 6. I'm also wondering who we are going to be fighting in Halo 6. They have relied very heavily on the Covenant as a continuing enemy in Halo 4 and 5, but 5 seems to see a pretty strong end to the organized Covenant splinter. I just wonder with 343i's previous heavy reliance on them if they are still not going to try and find a way to have a new or different covenant splinter section be an emery in Halo 6, or we will get new Promethean enemies under Cortnana's control, as well as maybe some new AI controlled non-Promethean but still mechanical enemies, like drones, that the AI who side with Cortana bring to the fight.

I know there is a nice Spoiler Warning in the thread title, but I'll throw my thoughts in a Spoiler tag, just in case.

I also found it interesting that 343i went back to the abandoned Halo 1 plot idea of Cortana becoming an antagonist, and the Chief having to fight against her in the end. It will be very interesting to see how that conflict plays out in Halo 6. I'm also wondering who we are going to be fighting in Halo 6. They have relied very heavily on the Covenant as a continuing enemy in Halo 4 and 5, but 5 seems to see a pretty strong end to the organized Covenant splinter. I just wonder with 343i's previous heavy reliance on them if they are still not going to try and find a way to have a new or different covenant splinter section be an emery in Halo 6, or we will get new Promethean enemies under Cortnana's control, as well as maybe some new AI controlled non-Promethean but still mechanical enemies, like drones, that the AI who side with Cortana bring to the fight.

Well, there's no doubt the Covenant would worship Cortana as a God and fight for her plan even if she doesn't want them to. She activates a Halo at the end of H5 and that's all the Covies would need to see.
Also, we last left Chief, he was on Sanghelios where there's an Elite vs Covie war that might still linger.

As for new enemies, fighting AI sounds like a new challenge. I wonder how that'll look. They'll probably be hard light and spawn minions of themselves to fight.

As for Halo 5's overall campaign and story, I'm glad to have Cortana alive and have a plan going forward as I didn't know where we were going after H4.

Having said that, the campaign was very uneventful. The cutscenes had all of the fun and the most important parts were shown there.
We ourselves, didn't actually do much outside of endless killing. We were just along for the ride. The story jumps right into the action for both teams without much setup or detail on our current missions. The Locke vs Chief chase/hunt was overblown and poorly written into the game. It could've easily been exaggerated for fun and alignment with the advertising, but it just never materialized.

Overall, H5 had probably the worst story of the collection of Halo games. While Cortana's development is welcomed and HUGE for the overall Halo saga, very very little happened outside of that.

Yeah this game felt just like a tee-up for Halo 6, a little bit like how the only thing Avengers 2 did was to tease future movies (Thor 3, Cap 3, Avengers 3)

Well, I for one don't think this is the whole idea.
Domain was destroyed when Halo array was fired during last days for Forerunner... also, the Domain was said to be the Organon, a Precursor artifact Forerunner like Bornstellar seeked... Flood had gained access to the Organon and Domain during the Forerunner-Flood war and that's why they started to win the battles because that allowed them the knowledge but also access to Precursor technology... Also Flood is what was left of the Precursors.
I think the Domain was corrupted by the Flood, somehow it survived as we see... But I think the real bad guy is the Warden Eternal, he found badly damaged Cortana... I think he is manipulating her, but I also think he is serving some other master in the shadows... Maybe the Flood or Precursor? No idea.
The new faction "The Created" formed by Cortana and Warden Eternal... and also Cortana having access of the Domain and taking the Mantle of Responsibility... This is so wrong. Mantle was supposed to for the humans, the Precursors wanted it and before firing the Halo Array the Forerunners finally wanted to give the Mantle to humans... and now Warden wanted to give the Mantle to damaged AI? He even said he'll do everything so humans never take the Mantle.

What got me thinking though, when Chief met Warden Eternal, during their first battle Warden called Chief "Warrior-Servant". Only Forerunner rates were Warrior-Servants, like Didact himself and others... Humans not. Could it be a reference to Chief having Bornstellar gea or something similar?

ALSO, if anyone of you managed to get all the intel - we had there Forerunner recordings of a male speaking about Bastion! What is that? He was surprised Domain was still active, he was seeking Bastion and he was also hunted by the ancilla, Cortana and Warden... I dunno, could it be somehow Bornstellar?

I LOVED the campaign. I'm reading the comic that led to the events of Halo 5 (yah, still waiting for the last issue to come out) and the podcasts #HuntTheTruth... I think Halo 5 is epic and unlike many other people I really enjoyed the ending. Sure, it was mindblowing and a huge cliffhanger... But remember what happened with halo 2? Bungie left us with events escalating and big cliffhanger. Same is with Halo 5.
Halo 2 was the second chapter or Covenant Trilogy where events started to grow... I see same thing happening to Halo 5 being second chapter of Forerunner Trilogy... Both trilogies escalated in the final third chapter.

EDIT: Oh, and also more thoughts.
I think many AIs are joining Cortana and her "Created" faction for the cure, she said she can cure them and many AIs are becoming rampant, like the Governor Sloan on Meridian... and they want to live, they want to be free and not live in fear to be shut down. I think also many smaller races will join them too, out of fear - better live under regime rather than try fighting against Guardians.
Roland is great. I bet he'll play a big role in the future. He's kinda special, he opposed Cortana... but also his and Cortana's names. They both are from the same legend, so I think they both will have a bigger role to play. I hope because I like Roland.

Also, happy to hear Commandor Sarah Palmer got a bigger role. I wish she had even more screen-time but it was great to see her so often :D I wish we could see what happened after she and Halsey dropped Fireteam Osiris on the Guardian... we seen them falling and at the end of Halo 5 we've seen wounded Palmer and very healthy Halsey, both being with Arbiter... I want to know what happened after Osiris left Sanghelios... and damn, this ending - Halsey finally seeing John. The feels. ;_;

I thought the campaign was ok BUT the warden started to get annoying after fighting him 1000000000 times and WE ONLY PLAYED AS CHIEF FOR 3 MISSIONS but other than that and it being short it was great.

fighting 3 wardens at once not only 1 time, but freaking 2 was a bit overkill... especially on legendary.... I cant even imagine it on LASO....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back