Halo 5: Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
well well I see an odst on locks team. why bring him when you got a Spartan two on your team. plus on locks pic see the elite and banshee in the background.

well well I see an odst on locks team. why bring him when you got a Spartan two on your team. plus on locks pic see the elite and banshee in the background.

That ODST is a Spartan, a certain Spartan named Edward Buck. He is now a SPARTAN IV after being recruited by Jun.

New information that should be of interest to builders out there:

Certain new permutations confirmed to be returning include Halo: Reach's Commando helmet, Mk V [A] shoulders, and revised FJ/PARA shin designs. The Mk V torso plating and thigh plating also seems to be making a comeback, alongside a variant-specific set of forearm plates. Also included are some permutations present in Halo: Online, such as the Breaker armour system.

It's nice to see 343i giving a nod to the old armour systems. This should present builders out there with some new and interesting opportunities for constructing sets.

Attachments

• H5G-NOBLE.png
    H5G-NOBLE.png
    391.7 KB · Views: 333
  • H5G-Breaker.png
    H5G-Breaker.png
    342.2 KB · Views: 337
Did anyone else hear that the Collector's edition will not be coming with a physical disc where as the other two versions will. I don't know about everyone here but I'm pretty upset about that. My Halo media/merchandise collection is the largest in my collection of collections and no Halo 5 game is pretty sad.

Did anyone notice that the collectors edition will be shipped and on shelves before release date, so they couldnt have a playable copy included? The one that has a disc will be introduced after release date, trust me.

Sent using Tapatalk

Did anyone notice that the collectors edition will be shipped and on shelves before release date, so they couldnt have a playable copy included? The one that has a disc will be introduced after release date, trust me.

Sent using Tapatalk

Yeah they're releasing the Collector's a week early which includes only a digital download version of the game and then the other two versions which are physical come out on the 27th. Personally I would wait another week for the collector's. The reasoning behind it is pretty stupid.

my understanding is that while the collectors edition does not come with the disc it still contains the steel book that comes in the special edition.

But i may be confused.

I am still impressed with Warzone. However the lack of split screen and offline play is depressing. Oh well so much for nostalgia.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

ryno I know right, I mean Spartan ops which feels like firefight was online only and now this I guess their trying to milk us for everything they can.

IDK that would mean revamping their entire system along with the REQ pack system to.

Not especially. If H5 is built upon the same engine that its predecessors were (and I have no reason to believe it wasn't), then adding a few new UI elements and enabling a mix-and-match armour build system wouldn't be too difficult. You'd simply need to work the new system into the UI - the remaining work is more-or-less already done. As for adding in new armour pieces - Halo 4 has shown it can be done. I shan't get into a technical discussion as to the hows and whys of the system's functionality - if you want a more detailed explanation I'd be happy to explain more privately, however. Regardless, based on my current understanding of the Halo engine and its structure, patching in a mix-and-match system wouldn't be too much of a long stretch. I wouldn't be surprised if a back door to do just that were left within the game's end programming.

I would wager that this won't stop budding creators from working on mix-and-match builds using components from Halo 5's armoury. I certainly would like to see which offerings will be available before making any sort of choice on a potential cosplay set.

have you guys seen this?!?

it is a still from the upcoming fall of reach animated novel.

canonfodder-7-10-15-5c11b9e38ffd4deb9a73ec290577f31f_zpsnwmmcbvi.jpg

I am loving the new MK IV Look. it looks amazing.

Attachments

• canonfodder-7-10-15-5c11b9e38ffd4deb9a73ec290577f31f_zpsnwmmcbvi.jpg
    canonfodder-7-10-15-5c11b9e38ffd4deb9a73ec290577f31f_zpsnwmmcbvi.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 196
Looks like a shot from Blue team leaving Pillar of Autumn in pursuit of the damaged Covenant ship.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back